Contest Poll: Win a Brand New Elephone S2 Smartphone!

MicroSD Card Slots on smartphones...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gremlin

Reaction score
I voted for E because of I store my music on the sdcard. Don't have unlimited data to use the cloud. I use internal storage for pictures and movies.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
OP Updated: I said the contest would end on Monday the 13th of August, except Monday is the 10th of August. I guess I looked at July but thought I was looking at August. ;)

faross

Reaction score
i didn't think i would miss it till i got the Samsung s6 edge but i do miss moving things around with the card and liked editing playlists and other files on the comp after a long day work .

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
i didn't think i would miss it till i got the Samsung s6 edge but i do miss moving things around with the card and liked editing playlists and other files on the comp after a long day work .
You realize you can still edit playlists and manipulate the internal storage the same way you did an sd card, right?

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Edit your playlists in Media Monkey on the PC. :D Yea, I'm a fan.

TapaTurbo

lesboots

Reaction score
I'm answering here rather than voting because Tapatalk.

D
I could live without the card slot but don't want to.

srbianats

Reaction score
E....I like to have and sd card for those long trips. Music and movies and whatever other needs arise for emergency extra storage. Buy the sd card once and done. It's cheaper than some of the data packages out there. Got 64Gig of space to do whatever I want.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Fair enough. If I have a ton of stuff I want to go through/move around on my phone/sd card, I hook it up to my PC via USB and go to town.

Powarun

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
I voted B, I have a limited amount of music that I listen to and have started using Google Music. As far as photos and apps are concerned, a 32gb is good enough for me for now. Though if I do want videos I just use a a flash drive with an OTG cable.

Malkavian

Reaction score
The reason I put other is because in the beginning with a phone only having 16gb or 32gb of internal storage and an OS taking up 30-40% of that storage because of all the bloatware from the providers, an SD Card is great for the extra space to store apps and data.

Now with many apps having features that don't work if you move it to the SD Card and phones coming with larger internal memory, I don't see an SD Card as a must have. Now if we could get providers to stop pushing bloatware it would be a perfect combination. Plus, with having to ask permission for programs to modify information on the SD Card, having your programs on the internal storage, eliminates this problem and cloud storage is coming down in price. (i.e. Google photo's unlimited storage if you let them scale the resolution back some.

This is just my opinion.
Michael

Malkavian

Reaction score
The reason I put other is because in the beginning with a phone only having 16gb or 32gb of internal storage and an OS taking up 30-40% of that storage because of all the bloatware from the providers, an SD Card is great for the extra space to store apps and data.

Now with many apps having features that don't work if you move it to the SD Card and phones coming with larger internal memory, I don't see an SD Card as a must have. Now if we could get providers to stop pushing bloatware it would be a perfect combination. Plus, with having to ask permission for programs to modify information on the SD Card, having your programs on the internal storage, eliminates this problem and cloud storage is coming down in price. (i.e. Google photo's unlimited storage if you let them scale the resolution back some.

This is just my opinion.
Michael

Duke of Advil

Reaction score
I guess I am just old. I like the SD card and I would NE leery of a phone without one.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
MY TB backups to Gdrive so I won't lose anything without an SDCard.