Contest Poll: Win a Brand New Elephone S2 Smartphone!

MicroSD Card Slots on smartphones...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Cast your vote above and good luck all.

BillJude5601

Reaction score
E.) It's probably more psychological than anything else, but I prefer having the peace of mind knowing I've always got plenty of storage available. (GS3 to HTC One M7 to LG G4)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

ruvy01

Reaction score
D. It's a very nice feature to have to expand memory on a phone. If it comes down to a really nice phone with no sd card and a 64gb version of the phone, I won't hesitate to purchase it.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Good luck everyone!

I voted for "C". With automated wireless backups to my laptop, SdCards have become irrelevant to me.

The only thing I used them for were Nandroids and it takes away the convenience of flashing a system image on the fly.

soccerdude77

Reaction score
I chose E.

I live in rural TN and I have satellite internet and my data is limited so I can't put stuff in a cloud. So an SD slot becomes pretty important.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Put me in the "used to love them, but not as important to me anymore" group. I am very glad though to see these contests continue after so many years on DF.

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
D . Only if the phone has plenty of memory. I've had several nexus devices and the cloud gets the overflow, usable on each device.

luvarcher

Reaction score
i need an SD card but most phones usually have an internal storage so if there's no SD allocation, I think it would be just fine

Amagine

Reaction score
I would need a 128 Gig phone in order for me to even consider giving up the SDcard. I'm reaching a point right now between HD video, pics backups along with game data that I'm considering jumping up to a 128 Gig SDcard. I also need most of the data ready at my fingertips.
While I could probably do the same with some type of USB device, a USB stick just isn't as quick to me or a subtle.

shockracer

Reaction score
I won't buy a phone without one! With unlimited data dwindling and carriers going to tierd data, it just doesn't make sense to not have a spot for extra storage. With some smartphone companies eliminating SD card slots it seems like a ploy from carriers to do this so you can run up your data. I will never buy a phone that limits me like that!

Bombdog1

Reaction score
I voted B. With the larger capacities in phones now, I don't even get close to filling them. Plus, with all the free cloud storage, I have never run into a problem.