Contacts force closing on LGB 0.5

billyfj

Reaction score
I went from 2.01 to LGB 0.1 to 0.5 with the updated kernel today. I did a data wipe, cache wipe and dalvik wipe twice in between each upgrade. Everything seems to work ok except for my normal contact list. If i press a contact in the contact list or phone list to try to call them or open the contact, it just force closes back to the home-screen. I have searched for an answer here and haven't seen one. I may have over looked it? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated . Thanks in advance

thirteen_20

Reaction score
I second this one. Its driving me crazy!

Sent from my Liberated NerdX using Tapatalk.

OP
billyfj

billyfj

Reaction score
At least I am not the only one, even though that is no help to anyone.. Hoping someone knows the answer

htsht

Reaction score
I had this problem as well. Did a wipe and re installed it and worked fine.

bkendrick

Reaction score
I second the re-install but you could try swapping from blur to asop or vice versa through the customizer. (I have no idea if it would work but just a suggestion)

DX. CFU. LIB GB.5

OP
billyfj

billyfj

Reaction score
I did try changing the messaging, gallery,email, and camera from Aosp to Blur and back and it didn't help. I kept them all in the same group as I made the changes. Thanks for the help, I guess it's time to reinstall. Just hate having to set up everything again

OP
billyfj

billyfj

Reaction score
Wiped the data and all the caches and reinstalled 0.5 and that fixed it. THANKS for the help guys

kilahimm

Reaction score
Are you restoring any applications or settings related to contacts on the device after wiping and reinstalling?

thirteen_20

Reaction score
Are you restoring any applications or settings related to contacts on the device after wiping and reinstalling?

I always wipe data/cache/dalvik at least twice before AND after installing. Usually, I let Google restore my apps/data. Any missing apps after that, I use TiBu. Hope that helps...

OP
billyfj

billyfj

Reaction score
I realized that I was freezing a couple of things in Titanium backup that was causing my issue. These were things that I had froze on 2.01, but I guess the Gingerbread needs them. I unfroze and all is good

thirteen_20

Reaction score
What were they, so I don't freeze them? Lol

OP
billyfj

billyfj

Reaction score
I know one of them was called sync/service and the yahoo mail was another. I reinstalled twice last night and all would be good with my contacts. So I would restore ALL my apps and then freeze the junk as I went along. I would have it all set and then Contacts force close again. The last time it happened this morning, I unfroze everything first and then tried again. It worked great without having to reinstall AGAIN. All is good, even after many reboots installing other stuff. My problem has disappeared. Hope this gets you going

By the way. I love being able to get the REAL Netflix app to work now on LGB

Last edited: