Phone Dialer/Contacts, etc. Force Closes MIUI 11.19 v1.1

relentive

Reaction score
Sucks for me. Seems to be working for everyone except me. Decided to try out this ROM.

Issue: When opening Phone tool and trying to dial any number it force closes after the first digit is selected. Also, when opening the contacts, if I select a contact it force closes.

Steps Taken: I had metiCkOne's FRG83 v0.5 installed and working. Did a wipe of data/cache 3x. Then installed D1-MIUI 0.11.19-v1.1. I then installed the updates (Google Apps, Car Home, and Dev Apps). Then I installed ChevyNo1's uLow 1.0 kernel. After booting up and signing into my Gmail account this is when it started. So, I restarted and did 3 more wipes of data/cache. Still the same issue. Then I started from scratch again and didn't install the kernel (stuck with default) yet still facing the same issue.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

rompage

Reaction score
Very similar problem here with my girls phone. Problem started with the first 6.4 and finally I gave her ud, untill the update.

Hers will force close rondomly, intermittently and go to the call screen. Pressing any button will FC, then bring up browser which will FC, then back to the call screen (where is shows it is dialing no one). Any button will repeat the process. This would happen maybe once daily.

No trouble with any other rom but this, of course, is her favorite.

3x factory reset, then wipe of boot, data, cache, system. Fresh download, several kernels.....

I have created a new google email, time will tell.

Thank You for any help!

puffmtd

Reaction score
Yep, I just flashed this and mine is doing the same thing. Force closes on dialer and contacts. I really like the uniqueness of this ROM so I hope there is some kind of fix.:)

mjh68

Reaction score
I have the same issue, wiped and then installed 11/19 v1.1 I let it sync and tried to make a phone call , but as soon as I dialed one number it gave me a google.android.process.acore closure. I tried to wipe data from dialer and contact and rebooted , but still the same error.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Same issue here. It's fine until you add a contact or sync ..fc on contact and dialer...sux

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Armando Penblade

Reaction score
Same thing happening for me. If I wipe data/cache for dialer/contact apps, I can dial numbers. . . until it syncs any contacts again. Once that's done, I get an immediate force close upon trying to dial any digits or open a contact's info page.

Did a complete wipe before installing the ROM and didn't restore anything but a couple of apps (no data) from Titanium (they were sd-card installs, rather than market-based, so it was easier to restore than re-downloading the apks).

Any ideas?

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Jz is fixing it. I'm beginning to wonder if other issues arose after fixing

jamezelle

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Jz is fixing it. I'm beginning to wonder if other issues arose after fixing

no i have ppl testing this release, so i dont release another garbage update

03civicdx

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue I wiped 3x before installing. Guess I'm gonna back off this from till the update. Thats sucks I really like this rom.

mjh68

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue I wiped 3x before installing. Guess I'm gonna back off this from till the update. Thats sucks I really like this rom.

The new one works now 03civicdx.. very nice