Bootstrap not loading after Liberty 0.5

glacious

Reaction score
Went from 2.0.1, to 0.1, to 0.5. Everything seems to work fine (except Blur Messaging still closes on launch), but I can't get into Bootstrap.

I've reinstalled the BootStrap recovery via the installed app, and the Liberty Toolbox, same thing. If I use the app or the toolbox to go into Recovery or Bootstrap, it ends up showing the yellow fist, then hangs at a black screen. pressing any button yields no results. Battery pull and reboot and I'm back to 0.5.

Any thoughts?

kilahimm

Reaction score
If you get to the yellow triangle and hit the search hard key you should be presented with factory recovery options.

Which version of bootstrap did you install dx or d2?

Also check to make sure you still have superuser working. Try opening superuser, if it force closes then install the updated version from the market and reboot.

Cali831

Reaction score
make sure you have USB debugging checked off or you could also use the droid2 bootstrap

OP
G

glacious

Reaction score
0.5 says it installs the bootstrap, after that I tried the bootstrap that was already on my phone (either installed with Liberty, 0.1 or 0.5, or my google account sync pulled it down automatically... the Droid X version)

I did not see the yellow exclamation mark triangle, only the yellow Liberty fist. Superuser runs fine and says "up to date" when I run it (even shows a bunch of entries from the bootstrapper).

I'll try the D2 version and give it a whirl, and disable USB debugging if that still doesn't work. Thanks for the quick replies.

Edit: D2 version is another $3, already paid for DX version. Gonna try just disabling USB debugging.

Last edited:

Cjg1979

Reaction score
Bootstraper Working Again

Thanks for this information. I was having the exact same problem with not being able to get into the bootstraper after installing v0.5. Simply disabling USB Debugging solved the problem.

Thanks again.

OP
G

glacious

Reaction score
Worked here as well! Thanks again :icon_ banana: