Liberty GB0.5: Stuck at Yellow fist

captainnemo

Reaction score
Just updated my DX from Libety 2.1 to Liberty GB 0.5 via Liberty toolbox in hopes of being able to run Netflix (i know, you can't)... but i've been stuck at yellow sun/fist logo for the last 20 mins. Should I battery pull? I DID backup & wipe. Thanks forum!

OP
captainnemo

captainnemo

Reaction score
2.0.1 to v.5GB. As instructed in LibertyToolbox nightlies- I selected the top .5 & was going to return to install the 2nd one (the kernel update I think)

OP
captainnemo

captainnemo

Reaction score
BTW, I decited to do the battery pull. I powered back back up, but am stuck at the same screen.

barski

Reaction score
There's your problem. You need to install .1 then .5
Anyways now you need to get into the boot loader and sbf via rsd, re-root, then install .1 boot up then install .5

Unclecheese

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it reads that "YOU MUST ALREADY BE ON GINGERBREAD"
Someone will chime in here with more knowledge than I.
You will probably have to get back to your saved 2.0
Flash LGB v.1 then LGB v.5

Edit:See.... the folks here are fast

J

JriderG

As instructed, it says run this only if you are on gingerbread.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Captmilk

Reaction score
Liberty GB0.5: Stuck at Yellow fist?.......Thats what she said..couldn't resist

OP
captainnemo

captainnemo

Reaction score
Liberty GB0.5: Stuck at Yellow fist?.......Thats what she said..couldn't resist
Yeah, I figured someone would say that.

Ok, Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Q: If I want to use by backup, then I need to restore back to 340 (what I think i was on) & NOT the current leak, right?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Oook. Here's what happened: SBFed back to .340 stock ~ Z4 Rooted ~ wiped/flashed to Liberty 2.0.1 ~ wiped/flashed to LGB v0.1... but I'm stuck on the faded "Liberty" boot screen. What gives? I'm basically stuck between step 4 & 5 here.

Quick question. I'm on a d2 but cant find the V0.1 in my toolbox, only v0.4. Could you point me in the direction of the 0.1 file? Also can you get back into clockwork (by a battery pull or a plug in /battery pull?) I know when I flashed liberty 2.0.1, i manually went in and mounted system and data then flashed liberty. Maybe it will be the same for you in gb. If I can get the 0.1 full file, i can try it and maybe help better

Sent from my Liberated DROID2

nuke072786

Reaction score
Just updated my DX from Libety 2.1 to Liberty GB 0.5 via Liberty toolbox in hopes of being able to run Netflix (i know, you can't)... but i've been stuck at yellow sun/fist logo for the last 20 mins. Should I battery pull? I DID backup & wipe. Thanks forum!

To anyone that was dumb enough to make this mistake as I was, here is a possible solution that worked for me.

Go here: How to: Get Rooted Gingerbread on DROID X - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

and download dxgbrooted.zip

I flashed this once in clockworks and fired up into gingerbread 2.3.3

Then installed liberty tool box and flashed v0.1 (for safe measure)

Boot into GB v0.1, install liberty tool box, download and install Liberty Rom GB V0.5

Hope this helps.