Contact Download Problems

Dan G

Reaction score
OK, so I'm a couple steps up from a luddite. I got a new Motorola Droid the day they came out and the Verizon downloaded all 1250 of my contacts from my old Motorola Q. Problem is, last week I dropped my phone(while in its protective case) and the screen went blank. Bummer. Drove on down to the Verizon store where they pronounced it dead and ordered a new one sent to me. I received the new phone, but the Verizon folks said they couldn't enter the contacts into my phone. I've got both my personal and gmail accounts dumping texts and emails to me, but my company Outlook is where I have all my contacts stored. Despite talking on the phone with my IT people, I still can't get the DRoid to sync up with my work server by using the "Accounts & Sync" function in my Settings section of the Droid screen. Any ideas? I'm at wits end. Thanks.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
On page 3 of the FAQ thread there is a thread called how to transfer contacts from your old phone. In that thread it details how to transfer from Outlook. I'd link you but I'm on my Droid. Welcome to the forum. Hope this helps.

OP
D

Dan G

Reaction score
Contact Download Issues

Thanks Hook,

But when I click onto the FAQ button, I don't find any page numbers. Sorry to be such a dolt.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can we get a link to help this new member out? Somebody on a computer? Maybe a mod?