Construction worker with a Droid

mikecolorama

Reaction score
i work in construction and i'm trying to figure out the best way to keep my phone with me while wearing my tool belt. anyone else have this problem and what did you do about it. thanks, Mike

Troy

Reaction score
I work in a sawmill, and put mine in the front pocket on the top part of my overalls...

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Union Plumber here....But I work in Design on AutoCAD. I just place it on my dock on my desk. Never had a smartphone when I worked in the field, There weren't any...lol

dustin4863

Reaction score
substation electrician here leave mine in my shirt pocket or truck till a good case comes out

Zippster

Reaction score
i work in construction and i'm trying to figure out the best way to keep my phone with me while wearing my tool belt. anyone else have this problem and what did you do about it. thanks, Mike

I havent been daring enough yet so I still leave mine in my truck but where its visible for me to see the indicator, just grabbed the "missed call" app which allows customizable color indicators for different contacts so you know who called without even picking up your droid.

tdog7879

Reaction score
Im a foreman for a brick company....but i still do alot of hands on work. i bought the leather hip holster,screen protector,and the chrome snap on hard case. I think this combination works the best IMO.

gpigate

Reaction score
Im a foreman for a brick company....but i still do alot of hands on work. i bought the leather hip holster,screen protector,and the chrome snap on hard case. I think this combination works the best IMO.

can you provide links for where you got those?

gpigate

Reaction score
In the store? I havent seen jack at our verizon nor on the web for the droid. I have been waiting on the seidio

brendanstl

Reaction score
Union Commercial carpenter here, I have had smartphones for years and usually just buy carpenter jeans with the leg pockets and buy verizons line of heavy duty snap on cases. Carried all my HTC's this way and my BB Storm, never once had a problem. Keep it in the truck while it's raining. In my opinion my droid with this case on it fits the best in that pocket out of any of them.

Doc1

Reaction score

Mike, I have a Body Glove soft pouch that has a small carabiner attached to it. I own a ranch in Wyoming and am horseback just about every day. The carabiner allows it to swing freely and I just keep it attached to a belt loop. Very handy! The beauty of this is you can affix it to just about anything and because it is a soft pouch it slips into a pocket real easy while still offering protection. The price $7@Wal-Mart!

And tdog I keep a Gun in my holster.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Tin Knocker here... I wouldn't dare put my DROID in my tool belt!!! LOL

I'm laid off right now so I haven't run into this problem but now that you guys mention it I should start search for 'protection'. Used a leather holster with my BB Storm and that did a great job of protecting it.

Anyone else hate the fact that it's IMPOSSIBLE to keep a touch screen clean when you're in construction? HAHA