Droid Pro to? upgrade

cahummer

Reaction score
Howdy all... I had a blackberry. Switched to a Pro and LOVED it so I stopped reading about all the newest latest greatest phones. Contract is up and phone is starting to show wear (do they make these things to self destruct in 2 years?) so now I have to shop again!
Anyway, you can guess, I'm all about the keyboard. I've tried onscreen keyboards on a few diff phones and I'm always hitting the wrong letters. I've tried the voice to text thing on my pro and that's just not very accurate. I'm stumped. i work light construction so I'm kind of hard on phones. Carry in my pocket so size is an issue as is the sliding keyboard (I'm afraid I'll break it). Just really stumped. Any advice?

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Well, if you want a kb, D4 is the way to go. But, if you want something rugged, you could try to find a G'zone Commando. The commando is older than the D4, but it's supposed to be made for people who are in rough/dangerous conditions.

OP
C

cahummer

Reaction score
Thanks CorbaVNM

I appreciate your input! Worried that slider are easy to break. Any insight there?

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
It really depends, honestly. Are you going to have it in your pocket or in a clip? Either way, I would recommend either a Body Glove or an Otterbox. As long as the kb isn't loose and decides to slide out on its own, you should be good. I've never had a problem with my D3 doing that. It has slid out before, but not much, and it hasn't broken.

coconutt

Reaction score
I think you'd love the D4. I currently have the Droid Pro coming from the OG Droid, and even though this Pro is an upgrade from the OG, I kinda do miss those quick one handed texts with the touchscreen. The slider became old to me and choosing the Droid Pro was one of the reasons why I chose it. And the Pro just looks awesome lol.

Since I've only had it for about 3 weeks, I'd say that I don't mind being behind the curve a generation or two, and would buy a brand new Pro just for the sake of having a clean looking phone (bought mine used with minor blemishes). ;)