Connecting Problems with Droid Forum App

Feathersnpaws

Reaction score
When I open the Droid Forum App I get a "connecting to server" box and it never connects. If I reboot my Droid it will connect but if I exit the program and try to get back it I get the connecting to server message indefinitely. Any ideas?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
When I open the Droid Forum App I get a "connecting to server" box and it never connects. If I reboot my Droid it will connect but if I exit the program and try to get back it I get the connecting to server message indefinitely. Any ideas?

My answer is going to be a question. Do you use a task killer?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I get this sometimes too and you have to realize it is a brand new app with many updates to come. I will report this issue and see if we can get it worked out - what seems to work for me is, instead of rebooting my device if it gets stuck loading just hit the back button or go home and open the app again :)

OP
F

Feathersnpaws

Reaction score
Will do TP76. Thanks for the quick reply. I'll be patient. It's a great app.

OP
F

Feathersnpaws

Reaction score
I solved the connecting problem finally by uninstalling and redownloading. No problem now.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

bishoy

Reaction score
My answer is going to be a question. Do you use a task killer?

I get the same problem, and no i do not.

what seems to work for me is, instead of rebooting my device if it gets stuck loading just hit the back button or go home and open the app again :)

Yup that works for me. sometimes i may have to do it more than once but it eventually works.

I solved the connecting problem finally by uninstalling and redownloading. No problem now.

This did not work for me