Congrats! You guys get Jellybean in mid-July!

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you're debating on making the jump.. here are some great videos showing this bad boy off.
Jelly Bean WalkThrough
[video=youtube;afNRAOg5jUk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afNRAOg5jUk[/video]

Siri vs Googles VASTLY improved voice actions.. and let me tell you.. it's surprising.
[video=youtube;kDsOtdRtG0Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDsOtdRtG0Q&lc=_mWN8euB6Ytu-Xy82r2FWtG_WxztcSt6RKegSEQ_rsc&feature=inbox[/video]​

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
If I recall correctly we just literally got the 4.04 update to Ice Cream.

A month from now it will be Jelly Bean?

Bizarre.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score

Bizarre.

GSM will get it then. We'll likely have to wait longer.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel

Bizarre.
A month...doubt it, it's gotta go through the big heads of the Big Red first. I wouldn't be surprised if VZW doesn't release this update until Winter...

If you aren't rooted and ROMd, this is the reason to root and ROM. The difference between ICS and JB in terms of everyday use is almost night and day. Just the whole smoothness of it will put a smile on your face or make your eyes open wide. The new Google search and cards is pretty sweet too.

W

whotheheck

Verizon blows chunks. They are never going to update the Rezound or any other phones even to ICS, let alone JB.

Verizon is not the only carrier that sucks, but make no mistake, they do suck.

Last edited by a moderator:

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
It is for times like this that I truly appreciate having a nexus device.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nah,

They spent so much time updating to 4.04 I'm sure they did all the damage they could do then.

A month...doubt it, it's gotta go through the big heads of the Big Red first. I wouldn't be surprised if VZW doesn't release this update until Winter...

If you aren't rooted and ROMd, this is the reason to root and ROM. The difference between ICS and JB in terms of everyday use is almost night and day. Just the whole smoothness of it will put a smile on your face or make your eyes open wide. The new Google search and cards is pretty sweet too.

kramermd

Reaction score
With Sprint having the GN do you think that will push Big Red to update sooner? So they can say they have the latest version of Android?

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
With Sprint having the GN do you think that will push Big Red to update sooner? So they can say they have the latest version of Android?

Short Answer - No.

Main that I don't think so is because I still think that the GNex is a thorn in VZW's side. They don't push it in store at all because they can turn better profits on other bloated devices. Because they aren't pushing it, they really have no concern to be able to say that it has the latest software. What they will say is that the GSIII and I'm betting Razr Maxx are Android 4.1 Jelly Bean ready. They love to sneak in that "ready" at the end so people will see "jelly bean" and be all like, "yeah, I've heard of that, how awesome" and then get home and realize that while it is ready for it, it won't see it for another 6 months.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
SSHGuru said:
Nah,

They spent so much time updating to 4.04 I'm sure they did all the damage they could do then.

Well at least you're positive about it. I gave e upon vzw ever since they botched the release of the phone and then did it again with the update. Anyone who was rooted and ROMd was probably running 4.0.4 months before Verizon pushed out the soak test.

We'll see though, but if I had to put money on it, vzw will surely screw the jb update as well.