Concealed Carry Anyone?

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have my CC permit here in NC. My daily carry is a Dan Wesson bobtailed 1911 (.45 of course!).

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I CC here in MI. I also Open Carry often.

ptfd13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 7
I CC here in Ohio with a Springfield XD M or a Sig Sauer P229. Love both of them.

M

Matth3w

ccwmap.php

currently carry pt145 just ordered kimber ultra carry II
Heh I have a PT745 Pro. I keep meaning to do open carry classes but it seems like I'm out of town every time they have a spot available. Pretty much pointless now as I will be moving in a year.

OP
Backnblack

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Heh I have a PT745 Pro. I keep meaning to do open carry classes but it seems like I'm out of town every time they have a spot available. Pretty much pointless now as I will be moving in a year.

OC Classes?

nerdbox08

Reaction score
Okay, clearly this is about firearms and I'm assuming carrying permits... But would someone care to clarify?

Thanks!

kylo77

Reaction score
Carry permits in NY and NJ are very hard to come by. I live in NJ and just got my permit. I'm torn between the Beretta Px4 Storm and the Glock .40cal.

xtremecanefan

Reaction score
Got my license here in Florida. Honored in most states: Gray = Honored

Carry my 1911 when I can, usually a bit to heavy/large to conceal. Used to have a Taurus Judge....one mean mofo, but it was stolen my my car was broken into (woulda been a different story if I was in the car...). Looking into getting a Keltec for carry.

Attachments

• florida_map.t.gif
    florida_map.t.gif
    7.4 KB · Views: 200

jtebrak

Reaction score
I mostly carry the M1911 when I'm on the property, and Glock 21c when I used to make night drops at the bank. No open carry in S. Carolina, but I have CC. I have a little one, but he's into long guns only.

Moondonkey

Reaction score
Yes they are talking about permits to carry handguns.

Concealed Carry or CC is like it sounds, the gun is out of sight, mostly in the waistband or beneath a jacket/vest etc.

Open means that you carry it in plain sight, like a cop or cowboy.

I live in a state where you can carry open, but I only carry concealed. I do not think it is a good idea to carry open, If a criminal is planning on committing a crime and you are around, they will make you their first target. It also makes people ignorant of the carry laws nervous. They might even call the cops on you, even though you are well within your rights to carry it open.... just my 2 cents.

I carry a glock 26.

xtremecanefan

Reaction score

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Even though NC allows open carry, I would never do it. I'm big enough to easily conceal a 1911 comfortably, and comfort would be the only reason I could see anyone choosing to open carry.