Completely bizarre performance fluctuation

Discussion in 'Droid Rooted Help' started by Mishael, Aug 26, 2010.

1. Mishael

Mishael New Member

i got sapphire 2.2 about a month ago and i love it first. second, i wanted to complain about odd performance issues. up until i literally thought about posting here yesterday (wednesday), my home screen would be blank for a few seconds after i pressed the home key from an application. after my home screen would load, i would have to wait another few seconds to change home screens or select an application. further more, it could take as much as 20 seconds to load my application list. i could pull it up no problem but it would be completely blank. what now doesnt make sense is all that has stopped all of a sudden. everything works flawlessly and near instantaneously. (although i do have a complaint about my overclocking which doesnt always kick in when it is supposed to) does anyone have an explanation for the oddities and a way to keep them from happeneing anymore?
  2. Droid DOES!!

Droid DOES!! What iDoesn't Theme Developer Premium Member

That's what's known as "screen redraw". Are you running Launcherpro by chance? What kernel are you running? Rest assured that you're NOT the only one with this issue.
  3. Mishael

Mishael New Member

im running stock sapphire 2.2, no alt homescreen programs, no kernel modifications
  4. Droid DOES!!

Droid DOES!! What iDoesn't Theme Developer Premium Member

Have you thought about trying a different kernel? Are you running any kind of task killer?
  5. YankInDaSouth

YankInDaSouth Theme Developer Theme Developer

Are you running Sapphire 1.0? If so go into the GEM settings and look in performance and check the compcache box. That put a halt to my screen redraws ...
  6. Mishael

Mishael New Member

no, 0.7.0
    any chance i can get help with my battery info problems too?

edit-
    ALSO do i have to factory reset to get from 0.7.0 to 1.0.0 sapphire?
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2010
  7. YankInDaSouth

YankInDaSouth Theme Developer Theme Developer

Yes, wipe data/cache prior to flashing 1.0. Use Titanium to backup apps/data and between that and the market downloads you should be OK. I HIGHLY recommend 1.0, although you may want to hold off on flashing; cvpcs is planning an update possibly mid-next week.
  8. Mishael

Mishael New Member

@droid does, sorry i missed your comment. no i have not tried and i dont feel all too comfortable trying to change a kernel, and no i dont have one running but i do have os monitor to kill processes on an individual bases
Search tags for this page

fluctuation performance