Homescreen bootup question

DB_Tae

Reaction score
Whenever I unlock my Droid Bionic after leaving it alone for a while, the home screen is blank for a duration of 1-2 seconds. Then it just loads everything for use. I don't really have much on my main home screen besides shortcuts to apps and the quick contact widget. Is there anyway to prevent this from happening and have everything show as soon as I unlock my phone? Perhaps it has something to do with the "Auto end list" on my task manager.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Whenever I unlock my Droid Bionic after leaving it alone for a while, the home screen is blank for a duration of 1-2 seconds. Then it just loads everything for use. I don't really have much on my main home screen besides shortcuts to apps and the quick contact widget. Is there anyway to prevent this from happening and have everything show as soon as I unlock my phone? Perhaps it has something to do with the "Auto end list" on my task manager.

What home screen app are you using? I had that exact issue with Launcher Pro on my Bionic. I then tried a lot of them and have settled on Zeam Launcher. It is a plane-Jane launcher with a very small footprint. I've had no lagging/redraw issues since I started using it.

One possible help, if you don't want to switch launchers, is to go into Preferences and see if there is an option to "lock in memory" or some such. That can sometimes help with this type issue.

Good luck.

OP
D

DB_Tae

Reaction score
What home screen app are you using? I had that exact issue with Launcher Pro on my Bionic. I then tried a lot of them and have settled on Zeam Launcher. It is a plane-Jane launcher with a very small footprint. I've had no lagging/redraw issues since I started using it.

One possible help, if you don't want to switch launchers, is to go into Preferences and see if there is an option to "lock in memory" or some such. That can sometimes help with this type issue.

Good luck.
I am using the default one, if that helps :S Just got it about 2 weeks ago, still toying around with it. It's my first Smartphone so I'm a real NEWB.
By the way, here can I access this "preferences" tab?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I am using the default one, if that helps :S Just got it about 2 weeks ago, still toying around with it. It's my first Smartphone so I'm a real NEWB.
By the way, here can I access this "preferences" tab?

On most launchers - from the home screen press the menu button and preferences will be an option. But that is with most replacement home screen apps (Launchers) and may not be so with the stock launcher. I never use it and in fact it's not even in the rom I'm using right now. I would strongly recommend getting Zeam or ADW or Go Launcher and try one or all of them. You can also download an app called Home Switcher so you can switch from one Launcher to the other in order to test them out easily.

Good luck.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don't use the task manager. If you use it to autoend tasks before putting the phone to sleep, when you turn it on you will experience the lag due to the cache needing to be built up.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Wow, my bad. I did not even see that sentence in your post. I would imagine that the Auto End List is 100% of your problem. I would do away with all of that and not have anything on Auto End. If you've added a third party Task Killer, I would strongly recommend that you uninstall it. They are notorious for causing problems.

But, you can still try some of the alternate Launchers. They really are better than the native one. And they are very customizable.

Good luck.

OP
D

DB_Tae

Reaction score
Don't use the task manager. If you use it to autoend tasks before putting the phone to sleep, when you turn it on you will experience the lag due to the cache needing to be built up.

But I want to conserve as much battery as possible. Now that I think about it, if you have it on the "Maximum battery saver" battery option, that would end all of the apps that use internet to function, right?

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I used launchers with the OG Droid but I prefer the stock launcher of the Bionic. Juice Defender is bad as well as any other Task Killers.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
But I want to conserve as much battery as possible. Now that I think about it, if you have it on the "Maximum battery saver" battery option, that would end all of the apps that use internet to function, right?

Those apps or task killers don't do much. If you want to conserve battery then lower screen brightness, don't use widgets, sync email/facebook/twitter every 1-2 hrs.