Screen completely locking me out during a call

bigLanky

Reaction score
I just got my warranty replacement Moto Droid today, and I activated it. I noticed this right away, but whenever I make a phone call, my screen goes blank after about 2 seconds. Once it is blank, the proximity sensors do not seem to work. I can not get the screen to come back on. I have tried moving the phone around, moving it to direct light, hitting the power/volume buttons, even the back/home/menu/search buttons do not bring it back. The only way I have found to get the screen back is to open the slider. If anyone has information that can help me I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

OP
B

bigLanky

Reaction score
Also, I have no additional apps installed other than the ones that come stock. The home/back/etc buttons work and vibrate like normal when not on a call. They do nothing while on a call.

nphil

Reaction score
This happened to me before too. Verizon doesn't seem to be testing the proximity sensors on their replacement units.. Send it back in, or get it replaced from a B&M store.

OP
B

bigLanky

Reaction score
Is there any other way to test the proximity sensor?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Place a call and put your finger near the sensor. AFAIK there isn't a diagnostic app or anything.