Comming from a bionic to razer maxx

BLAZE86DUBZ

Reaction score
im giving my nephew my droid bionic and im getting his razer maxx i have a question with my 4g card in my bionic can i just put that into the razer and it will have my number or do i have to reactivate it and get a new 4g card? and vice versa with the bionic

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Don't recall if the bionic uses the MicroSIM but if it does, then yes. Put it in, power up and you're good to go.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
You'll have to cut the SIM from your Bionic down to fit in the MAXX. The RAZR/MAXX takes a microSIM, while the Bionic takes a standard sized SIM. You'll need something like this MICRO SIM CARD CUTTER in order to put the SIM from the Bionic into the MAXX. Then, to put the SIM back in the Bionic, you'll need an adapter (like the ones included with the cutter in the link).

Once you have the SIM card properly cut, you'll be able to put it in the MAXX. Then, with the adapter, you'll be able to put it back into the Bionic. As long as the SIM itself is active (and it will remain active until you activate a different SIM or a 3G-only device on your account), you won't need to activate it again. Once you put it in one of the phones, it will do everything it needs to do in order to authenticate itself on the network and activate the phone on your account.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Just be aware that if the sim card is not active in a phone for more than 24 hours, verizon deactivates the sim card. I had to learn this the hard way. So best thing to do would be to leave it in your bionic until you are ready to trim it down to size and put it in your razr.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

OP
B

BLAZE86DUBZ

Reaction score
cant i just use the one that comes with the razer maxx and activate it to my number and then get a new sim card for the bionic for my nephews number?

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
cant i just use the one that comes with the razer maxx and activate it to my number and then get a new sim card for the bionic for my nephews number?

Yes. After your the MAXX has been activated on your account, a corporate Verizon store should give your nephew an appropriate SIM card and set everything up with the Bionic for free.

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
bsweetness said:
You'll have to cut the SIM from your Bionic down to fit in the MAXX. The RAZR/MAXX takes a microSIM, while the Bionic takes a standard sized SIM. You'll need something like this MICRO SIM CARD CUTTER in order to put the SIM from the Bionic into the MAXX. Then, to put the SIM back in the Bionic, you'll need an adapter (like the ones included with the cutter in the link).

Once you have the SIM card properly cut, you'll be able to put it in the MAXX. Then, with the adapter, you'll be able to put it back into the Bionic. As long as the SIM itself is active (and it will remain active until you activate a different SIM or a 3G-only device on your account), you won't need to activate it again. Once you put it in one of the phones, it will do everything it needs to do in order to authenticate itself on the network and activate the phone on your account.

Are you serious?

You are aren't you... I thought you were joking... or are you...

----posted MAXXED OUT WITH dessert----

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Are you serious?

You are aren't you... I thought you were joking... or are you...

???

The Bionic takes a regular size SIM and the RAZR/MAXX takes a microSIM. You can cut a regular SIM to turn it into a microSIM and use an adapter to use it in a phone that requires a regular SIM. What's there not to be serious about?

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
bsweetness said:
???

The Bionic takes a regular size SIM and the RAZR/MAXX takes a microSIM. You can cut a regular SIM to turn it into a microSIM and use an adapter to use it in a phone that requires a regular SIM. What's there not to be serious about?

I find it funny that its actually cut. I thought momentarily you were be sarcastic.