No sound on my droid razer

ChristianDaniels

Reaction score
I got a droid razer from my friend and went and got it activated. once i got home i realized that none of the sound would work for youtube or ringtones or anything. i tried installing a few apps that some other posts said to try, like the speaker cleaner app, and one other app. and another post said that theirs worked again after shutting it off and turning it back on. i tried that too and i still have no sound. I tried plugging in headphones and the sound works through the headphones but not through the phone. what should i do?

P.S.
the sound worked when my friend used the phone. but it doesnt now.

OP
C

ChristianDaniels

Reaction score
i got a droid razer from my friend and got it activated. got home, and noticed that none of the sound was working. i turned it off and turned it back on and it still didnt work. i tried downloading some of the apps that people have suggested in other posts, but none of them fixed it either. I tried plugging in some headphones and the sound works over my headphones. what should i do?

OP
C

ChristianDaniels

Reaction score
nope. i tried turning it up and down over and over like some other people have suggested and that doesnt work either.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
This has been a problem with some Razr's that the speaker components get disconnected and pressing on the areas by the camera will give you sound. If that it's the case then it is a hardware problem and may still be covered under warranty.

JohnFH

Reaction score
ChristianDaniels said:
I got a droid razer from my friend and went and got it activated. once i got home i realized that none of the sound would work for youtube or ringtones or anything. i tried installing a few apps that some other posts said to try, like the speaker cleaner app, and one other app. and another post said that theirs worked again after shutting it off and turning it back on. i tried that too and i still have no sound. I tried plugging in headphones and the sound works through the headphones but not through the phone. what should i do?

P.S.

This sound issue is one of the bugs caused by ICS on the Razr. I had this problem a couple of months ago. I cleared the cache partition, and I've had no problems since then. If you can't find instructions for clearing the cache, I can post them.

JohnFH

Reaction score
The other possibility is an external speaker connection problem, which has occurred in some Razrs

jaye712

Reaction score
Tis is right,its always been a problem,even "i"till today still got sound issues on n off.i know,its pretty annoying lol.did u do a fdr yet?it might help for the time being.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Sometimes to jog it into working, go into system settings, sound, volumes...

You'll have 4 icons, tap the ringtone and once year hear that, tap the top icon, that will sound like a door bell sort of...then try hearing the volumes..this should help get it going.

dmwoods

Reaction score
i got a droid razer from my friend and got it activated. got home, and noticed that none of the sound was working. i turned it off and turned it back on and it still didnt work. i tried downloading some of the apps that people have suggested in other posts, but none of them fixed it either. I tried plugging in some headphones and the sound works over my headphones. what should i do?

What apps did you try?

dmwoods

Reaction score

P.S.

Did you try the SoundAbout app?

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
First thing you should do is a factory data reset if it has not already been done. Should fix the problem.

Dmrussell

Reaction score
Clean the Jack. Fuzz will get in there and give bad connection. Next get Soundabout app. This fixed my problem.

xtor

Reaction score
Go to settings, sound, click on your ringtone, then close out and you will have sound,works for me, it's a bug in ics

point of origin