Coming Soon to a Droid near you!

Royal2000H

Reaction score
Does anyone know exactly when they will start pushing 2.1 out? Also, does anyone know what enhancements there will be, besides Flash 10.1, which is desperately needed?
2.1 really isn't that revolutionary.

And the article isn't clear... but I dont think Flash 10.1 and Android 2.1 are bundled, I think they'll be released separately/independently.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Does anyone know exactly when they will start pushing 2.1 out? Also, does anyone know what enhancements there will be, besides Flash 10.1, which is desperately needed?
...but I dont think Flash 10.1 and Android 2.1 are bundled, I think they'll be released separately/independently.
Correct. The Droid will get Flash but it's not bundled with 2.1. One is Google, one is Adobe. But my guess is they'll be released closed together :) Just a guess though.

moot

Reaction score
Anyone concerned about flash pop ups/ads, etc? Is there reason to be concerned, or mobile browsers work a different way, as desktop browsers, in that respect?

rathat

Reaction score
But when!!!? I keep seeing how awesome it is on the nexus one and I just cant wait to have it fully working and flash 10! one word... Hulu.

Shel

Reaction score
Not sure how yesterday wasn't a good day for Moto but no biggie. There are so many good things happening for Droid owners.... almost too much too fast... but I can handle it. :)

It really seems like yesterday that I had a G1, and we (G1 owners) were kvetching about when the virtual keyboard was going to be released!~ When we got the virtual keyboard, we began to kvetch for Cupcake! (I finally rooted, unable to wait)

I am thrilled with my Droid! I did take a look at the reviews of the Nexus One, and it looks like a really nice device.

Am I pinning for one? Nope.

LOVE my Droid! First time in a while I've had a device which I"m really thrilled with.

I liked the G1, but it was unpolished, short battery life, and not enough storage.

myTouch... eh. WAY to sluggish. After a month, it was driving me nuts!

Droid? After nearly two months, still love it!

(I always loved the Android OS, and saw the potential, just felt that it needed hardware to match. I think with the Droid, Droid Eris and Nexus One, along with some others, it's getting there!)

djstar2k2

Reaction score
this is why i loved my G1 google dont play when it comes to upgrades. hell my wing by htc runnin win mo had 1 upgrade in a year and it was for live search.....wtf lol

jnapo

Reaction score
Ok, I'll join the fun. 2.1 seems to be an exciting anouncement. My big question is when will the Droid get pinch zoom on the base applications?

cookiemomster

Reaction score
Wow, the Droid just keeps getting better and better. I'm proud to own one. :)
I was very worried that the Nexus One would be so much better, but now I am fine. I do love my Droid. I love my keyboard. It has taken awhile to know exactly where to go to do what I want, but that is part of my enjoyment of it.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Anyone concerned about flash pop ups/ads, etc? Is there reason to be concerned, or mobile browsers work a different way, as desktop browsers, in that respect?

No concerns here. Shouldn't be that integrated. I was using SkyFire on my WM phones and while it handled flash very well there was never any pop-ups and many, actually most of the ads were either blocked or paused. I would assume that blocking this sort of thing (ads/popups) is one reason it's taken so long to bring it to mobile, but that's just a guess.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Stock browser does have the setting to "block pop ups" i believe it's set by default.

OP
cyber3d

cyber3d

Reaction score
Anyone know if the Droid has the horsepower to run flash? I hope so! I can't wait for the update
Woot!

OP
cyber3d

cyber3d

Reaction score
Anyone know if the Droid has the horsepower to run flash? I hope so! I can't wait for the update
Woot!