1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

com.motorola.home.other error

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR Support' started by kw0x57, Dec 12, 2011.

1. kw0x57

kw0x57 New Member

Has anyone experienced the error "com.motorola.home.other has closed unexpectedly please try again" error? What type of error is this?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
  2. FiG

FiG New Member

ive been experiencing the same problem with Motorola music force closing whenever i get a text its annoying me expecially since i dont use that app any help would be much appreciated!
  3. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad

Sounds like the home screen (Launcher) app is force closing. Here's what I would suggest:

1) Try one of the alternate launchers in the market (Launcher Pro, ADW, Zeam, Go Launcher, etc.).

2) Go to manage applications/all and see if com.motorola.home.other is listed there. If it is, tap it and see if it has any button other than Force Close. If it has a Clear Data button, press it. Otherwise, never mind.

3) Do a reboot and see if the problem persists.

4) Do a Factory Data Reset. I am suggesting this as a last step before talking to Verizon about a warranty issue because they are going to have you do one (or at least they most often do request it): These have gotten pretty painless lately by following these simple steps: 1. Make sure Backup and Restore are checked in the Privacy setting. 2. When going through the setup after the reset, turn on wifi as soon as you can (assuming it is available). 3. After you have entered your Gmail account info, you will be presented with a screen that has two check boxes. Basically they are "Do you want Google to backup and restore this phoneā€¯. Make sure you check both of those. 4. Open the Market app and accept the market terms. 5. Your apps will then automatically reinstall (paid and free). Set the phone aside for a minute or two and let the apps download and install. 6. If rooted, use an app such as titanium backup to restore data only to select apps such as Tapatalk and you will not have to re-enter all your login information. I do this for 3-4 apps (Tapatalk, SPB Shell, etc.).

I've been flashing new roms/updates about once per day lately and I can be up and running with all my apps and settings back in place in less than 20 minutes. It's pretty painless now.

If none of the preceding solves your issue, it's warranty time.
Search tags for this page
com motorola home other force close

com.motorola.home

com.motorola.home error

com.motorola.home.other

droid home screen erros
droid pro home application error
error com.motorola
home application motorola force closes
motorola home other
motorola home.other
motorola.home error