Razr update then breakdown

jallen78

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm posting here for help because I'm frustrated dealing with Verizon's customer service and not getting any solutions. Any help I can get here is much appreciated.

My Droid Razr started to auto-download and install a new update about 5 hours ago, and after the install finished, the phone reset. Problem is, now when the phone turns on, I get an error saying "The application 'Contact Storage' has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." The error cycles through several applications, including IM, google.process, and Contacts Storage. If I hit force close, the window just comes up repeatedly and the phone is completely unusable.

Attempted solutions:
factory reset --> did not work.
removing sim card --> did not work.

I can't do anything at all with my phone...it has turned into a (very light) paperweight! Does anyone have any idea what could be going on here? Thanks in advance!

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Moved to RAZR support.

However, going into the store is going to be your best bet IMHO.

Sent from the best 3G phone on Verizon.

megraven21

Reaction score
The update has caused a lot of issues. My phone started giving me all kinds of force closes for the processor and a bunch of other things. When I would turn it off and back on, it would keep turning itself off and on over and over. (Another common issue) I called verizon, the most worthless customer service ever, we did a factory reset which didn't fix it, now I have a replacement phone. I have seen other people post similar problems here so you are definitely not alone. The update is the issue but you should definitely call verizon again and have them send you a replacement. Even if it happens again eventually to the new phone, it's still worth having a working phone until then. My replacement is working alright so far.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon