CM7 TBolt

starscream

Decepticon
Premium Member
Reaction score
I want CM7 on my Thunderbolt bad.. sorry if I got people excited by the open sounding subject ;-)
From what I've read on cyanogenmod forums slayer and a few others have really been busting a$$ trying to get us a release... Now that we have the kernel from HTC I'm guessing it wont be long but the wait is killing me.. anyone else have any inside knowledge regarding the progress? Anyway that's my blab for the day.. I'm loving my TBolt so far.. its a nice step up from my OG Droid (great phone however)
Sent from Thor's Hammer in a Thunderbolt

GSXRADDICT

Reaction score
+1 on this want my gestures and auto backlight settings back but I love this phone.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Viper Daimao

Reaction score
new to android. What does the CM7 offer? I understand it's the most popular rom out there right now.

OP
starscream

starscream

Decepticon
Premium Member
Reaction score
new to android. What does the CM7 offer? I understand it's the most popular rom out there right now.

Cyanogen is just a very sturdy rom (IMO).. CM7 is a gingerbread 2.3 android that has a lot of great features such as themes with the T-Mobile theme engine.. there is the power manager built into the notification pull down.. for me its all about the customization .. look and feel of the rom.. CM is built from the ground up rather than just a "tweaked" or "themed" version of the basic aosp (stock android) which means everything flows nicely because it is made to work.. ... All in all ROM choice is purely personal preference.. play with all of them and see which one you like.. my top 3 would be (assuming they make of to TBolt) CM, UltimateDroid, and MIUI

Sent from Thor's Hammer in a Thunderbolt

OP
starscream

starscream

Decepticon
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've always viewed CM and UD as sort of good and evil twins... I do really like them both but I have personally had better luck with CM.. while UD is jam packed with badassdness and cool theming/styling I feel like CM (the good twin) is more basic and simple... more of a pure root form..

I will try both for sure... I am also very excited about a MIUI ROM for the Tbolt

moosez3

Reaction score
I've always viewed CM and UD as sort of good and evil twins... I do really like them both but I have personally had better luck with CM.. while UD is jam packed with badassdness and cool theming/styling I feel like CM (the good twin) is more basic and simple... more of a pure root form..

I will try both for sure... I am also very excited about a MIUI ROM for the Tbolt

Once I get back into the rooting thing with this phone I will try them both, but honestly I love Sense; the widgets, the smoothness, the syncing with fb and google the only thing I dont like about Sense is the way the App drawer opens, but I have everything set up in Miui like folders anyways so I never use it...

Overall Im super pumped about the future of the Phone with all these Roms poppin out already...

cnmsales

Reaction score
Dont get me wrong. Im not bad mouthing CM at all. It just has NEVER ran well for me on my OG, while UD ran like a beast. For all I know CM will run well on my TB and UD wont. But I hope not. I really enjoy the level of customization available in UD right out of the gate.

mkjellgren

Reaction score
^ personally I'm holding out hope for a project elite ROM for the tbolts as well as keeping an eye on Chevy's stock gb build.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums