CM 5.0.8, but no gapps

bapomy

Reaction score
Over the past 24 hours, I've managed to downgrade to 2.0.1 from 2.1-upgrade1, root my Droid, then get CM 5.0.8 installed via ClockworkMod Recovery. Unfortunately, the installation didn't go as planned (undoubtedly user error) and so now I have my ninja on a Google-less CM. I have ROM manager installed and was planning on just redownloading and reinstalling CM+gapps, but when I select Download ROM, I get an error saying I need to update ROM Manager (v1.8.6.7) and then get a Force Close.

The phone's functional, but without gapps, it's not very awesome. I've got a backup of the 2.0.1 install on a PC, but I'm not even sure what to do with it at this point. I realize gapps was supposed to be installed before CM, but my SD card was being dumb, so I had to do the process manually, which (obviously) went less than perfectly. Any suggestions?

mjh68

Reaction score
Over the past 24 hours, I've managed to downgrade to 2.0.1 from 2.1-upgrade1, root my Droid, then get CM 5.0.8 installed via ClockworkMod Recovery. Unfortunately, the installation didn't go as planned (undoubtedly user error) and so now I have my ninja on a Google-less CM. I have ROM manager installed and was planning on just redownloading and reinstalling CM+gapps, but when I select Download ROM, I get an error saying I need to update ROM Manager (v1.8.6.7) and then get a Force Close.

The phone's functional, but without gapps, it's not very awesome. I've got a backup of the 2.0.1 install on a PC, but I'm not even sure what to do with it at this point. I realize gapps was supposed to be installed before CM, but my SD card was being dumb, so I had to do the process manually, which (obviously) went less than perfectly. Any suggestions?

Go to Cyanogenmod.com forums.. there is a link to download 5.0.8 along with Gapps .

OP
B

bapomy

Reaction score
I actually have both the CM 5.0.8 and Gapps sitting on my SD card right now. I'm not sure how to Install from SD such that I get both Gapps and CM. Can I installed the Gapps with ROM Manager without a wipe?