1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

CM 5.0.8, but no gapps

Discussion in 'Rescue Squad Help' started by bapomy, Jun 22, 2010.

1. bapomy

bapomy New Member

Over the past 24 hours, I've managed to downgrade to 2.0.1 from 2.1-upgrade1, root my Droid, then get CM 5.0.8 installed via ClockworkMod Recovery. Unfortunately, the installation didn't go as planned (undoubtedly user error) and so now I have my ninja on a Google-less CM. I have ROM manager installed and was planning on just redownloading and reinstalling CM+gapps, but when I select Download ROM, I get an error saying I need to update ROM Manager (v1.8.6.7) and then get a Force Close.

The phone's functional, but without gapps, it's not very awesome. I've got a backup of the 2.0.1 install on a PC, but I'm not even sure what to do with it at this point. I realize gapps was supposed to be installed before CM, but my SD card was being dumb, so I had to do the process manually, which (obviously) went less than perfectly. Any suggestions?
  2. mjh68

mjh68 New Member

Go to Cyanogenmod.com forums.. there is a link to download 5.0.8 along with Gapps .
  3. bapomy

bapomy New Member

I actually have both the CM 5.0.8 and Gapps sitting on my SD card right now. I'm not sure how to Install from SD such that I get both Gapps and CM. Can I installed the Gapps with ROM Manager without a wipe?
Search tags for this page
cm5 for droid

gapps for cm 5.0.8 download