Close call!

jetman

Reaction score
Unfortunately I wasn't near so lucky when my Nexus had it's "Gravity Attack". I carry mine in a Qmadix protector case on my belt. I pulled it out to answer a phone call and of course the ONLY time I've eve dropped a smart phone it landed screen down on a linolium tile floor.... unfortunately to it's death. The screen was cracked in 2 spots and the touch screen no longer functioned. It had all kinds of wild colors on the screen, but DEAD as far as unlocking the screen etc, and of course I didn't buy the insurance, since I NEVER drop my phone, until this one anyway.....
2 weeks and $150 later after a trip back to Samsung it came back in perfect shape again. What's strange is in it's repair Samsung wiped my phone of all contacts, data, pics, apps, etc...??? I never rooted this phone and it was 100% stock when I sent it in. When it came back they unlocked the bootloader for some odd reason too!?!?! ANYWAY it's working great now and all is good. Just don't trust a Qmadix case if you happen to have your Nexus in one.... FYI

wseyller

Reaction score
Unfortunately I wasn't near so lucky when my Nexus had it's "Gravity Attack". I carry mine in a Qmadix protector case on my belt. I pulled it out to answer a phone call and of course the ONLY time I've eve dropped a smart phone it landed screen down on a linolium tile floor.... unfortunately to it's death. The screen was cracked in 2 spots and the touch screen no longer functioned. It had all kinds of wild colors on the screen, but DEAD as far as unlocking the screen etc, and of course I didn't buy the insurance, since I NEVER drop my phone, until this one anyway.....
2 weeks and $150 later after a trip back to Samsung it came back in perfect shape again. What's strange is in it's repair Samsung wiped my phone of all contacts, data, pics, apps, etc...??? I never rooted this phone and it was 100% stock when I sent it in. When it came back they unlocked the bootloader for some odd reason too!?!?! ANYWAY it's working great now and all is good. Just don't trust a Qmadix case if you happen to have your Nexus in one.... FYI

They probably didn't give you the same phone back.

I use to replace my own lcd or digitizer if needed. For one phone I bought an oem digitizer for 6 bucks which included shipping. after replacing it I sold the phone on ebay for 100 dollars. The cost of a digitizer can vary depending on the phone

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Jetman,

It probably wasn't your phone that you got back. They probably just sent you a refurbished one but as long as it works then all good right?

In fact, I think they do factory reset regardless if its screen replacement or not.

Nexus using Droid Forums

jetman

Reaction score
I thought they sent me someone elses phone too.. but I double checked the ESN on the phone to the original box and it was MY original phone. It still had my phone number listed in the "Status" screen in the Settings menu of "About Phone". I thought about changing it myself but didn't want to risk bricking it.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I thought they sent me someone elses phone too.. but I double checked the ESN on the phone to the original box and it was MY original phone. It still had my phone number listed in the "Status" screen in the Settings menu of "About Phone". I thought about changing it myself but didn't want to risk bricking it.
Hmm interesting.

Well factory resetting must be protocol when receiving a unit to be fixed. Same thing happened to me when my motherboard burnt out on my laptop. The HDD was fine, but they wiped it anyway, good thing I made a backup.

Yen2Kay

Reaction score
Talking about alcohol ....I've seen so many drunk chicks destroy their iPhones out on my adventures its hilarious , thankfully haven't run into any careless nexus owners.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums