Chomp > Handcent

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Excuse me for not being competent in the "internet" lingo, but what exactly does "ssia" mean?

g8gt2012

Reaction score
How exactly is chomp any different than handcent?

ssia - stop speaking in acronyms :icon_ banana: or subject says it all

bigthinker

Reaction score
I personally have stayed away from both of those apps....Had bad experiences with both....ssia? Subject says it all...Makes Sense!:motdroidhoriz:

Jef

Reaction score
Soo...why is Chomp better? :)

SSNETBOV

sirthanh

Reaction score
The update for Chomp was enough for me to switch from Handcent. The pop-up for chomp is a lot smoother than handcent.

ktruba

Reaction score
I must admit I do like it more now - it's A LOT crisper look to it in my opinion and has enough customizable settings, but not too much in which its overwhelming like I feel handcent was....

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I prefer Handcent, but I won't bash Chomp. I like the fact we have choices, rather than 1 app or nothing.

qwiksilver711

Reaction score
I prefer Handcent, but I won't bash Chomp. I like the fact we have choices, rather than 1 app or nothing.

+1, as far as the choices go, I'm loving this phone more and more every day, mainly because each day I get it just a tad more customized to how I like it, my buddy just bought a droid and i didnt recognize the stock layout lol

lockman

Reaction score
Just dl'd Chomp to evaluate. So far, I like the ability to change background. We'll see how it performs versus Handcent.

Jer

Reaction score
Does Chomp have user avatars and what not? About the biggest functions I like about Handcent is the ability to automatically split SMS into 160char, forwarding SMS and saving MMS. Other than that I'm pretty sure Handcent loses lots of SMS so I would prefer to run nothing if I had my way but I send longer messages and the 160char is a deal breaker since these phones don't split them up by themselves which is just lame.