check for updates not available

Smoke#14

Reaction score
Ever since my bionic updated to 902 i have not been able to check for updates. If i try it just says check for updates not available at this time. Please try again later. I know i have seen this issue before on the forum but i searchrd and found nothing and i looked in the faq section so im sorry if this is a stupid queston.

Tonik

Reaction score
Pull the battery and then behind that pull the sim card. Put the battery back in while leaving the sim card out and power it up...it will error and complain about the missing sim card. Shut it down and put the sim card back in and power it up. Those steps fix most people. If that fails then your next step is to do a factory data reset.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
pull the battery and then behind that pull the sim card. Put the battery back in while leaving the sim card out and power it up...it will error and complain about the missing sim card. Shut it down and put the sim card back in and power it up. Those steps fix most people. If that fails then your next step is to do a factory data reset.

+1

droid razr maxximized!!!! Prepare to be vanquished!!!

OP
Smoke#14

Smoke#14

Reaction score
Thanks, i will give this a shot right now. I have tried a battery pull but not removing the sim card.

OP
Smoke#14

Smoke#14

Reaction score
Ok i just tried option 1 twice with no success so i will have go with option 2 when i get home from work. I need to save some of the pics i have.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Pull the battery and then behind that pull the sim card. Put the battery back in while leaving the sim card out and power it up...it will error and complain about the missing sim card. Shut it down and put the sim card back in and power it up. Those steps fix most people. If that fails then your next step is to do a factory data reset.

The only thing I want to add to this is when you put the sim card back in, be sure to put it in correctly or it can fry the card. I did that one time and could only get 3G. I took it to a Verizon store and told them what I did. Fortunately they exchanged the card for free.

OP
Smoke#14

Smoke#14

Reaction score
I had to use option 2 to correct this problem BUT..... Now i seem to have created a new issue.

Now i dont have 4g at all. I have not had 4g all day. I live in the Atlanta area close to 2 major interstates and have always had a good 4g connection since they got the bugs worked out a while back.