System updates not available now...

rambo1028

Reaction score
Ok.... I had some issues with losing 4g and it bouncing in and out about a month ago. I tried updating because I read on this forum there was an update coming out that fixed it. When I checked for updates it has said for a month "system updates not available now. Check back later." Then I lost 4g completely and it has never returned. Now my 3g has been losing data connection and bouncing in and out juat like the 4g did. This has been going on for about 3 weeks. I have never updated but it still says system update not available now. Sooooo frustrated?? What gives?!? Any ideas?

Rambo

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I think you have a simcard issue. Power off your device, remove the back, battery, sim and sdcard.

Replace the battery and power up the device... now power off, remove the battery again.. put the sim, sdcard, and battery back in.. put the back on and power up.

BE CAREFUL WITH THE SIMCARD.. its fragile... its the white plastic piece with a gold foil sticker chip on it. . Very fragile.

This may help. You may need a new simcard.. and you may also have to do a factory data reset... I hope not.. but you may.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I fried mine when I did that trick, but that was mainly because I succeeded in putting it in backwards. After I found out ("No Sim Card" warning) and put it in correctly all I could get was 3G. I took it to a Verizon store and explained what I did. They replaced it and set it up at no charge.