Check for update is not available at this time...

mikespe

Reaction score
I'm running the 5.7.893 leaked update (stock rom) with forever root. For a long time I was getting the "The device is currently up to date" messages when I checked the system updates. The about 3-4 days ago I've been getting the Check for update not available? I know some say you have to do a factory reset but I've heard bad stories from those who go back to .886 but keep the new kernal/radio...

Is this something done at Moto/VZN's end or is this my phone? Is there anything I can do besides take it back to the store? I've had the phone since about 10 days after release...

Thanks

waterpolo305

Reaction score
If you are not running the same SIM card you were on day one the only way to make the try again later message go away is to do a full factory reset and then it will recognize the phone and update itself

OP
M

mikespe

Reaction score
If you are not running the same SIM card you were on day one the only way to make the try again later message go away is to do a full factory reset and then it will recognize the phone and update itself

But I never changed the sim card?

waterpolo305

Reaction score
Hmmmm then it might be the fact that you have 5.7 as opposed to 5.5 which isn't allowing your motoupdate to communicate

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I'm running the 5.7.893 leaked update (stock rom) with forever root. For a long time I was getting the "The device is currently up to date" messages when I checked the system updates. The about 3-4 days ago I've been getting the Check for update not available? I know some say you have to do a factory reset but I've heard bad stories from those who go back to .886 but keep the new kernal/radio...

Is this something done at Moto/VZN's end or is this my phone? Is there anything I can do besides take it back to the store? I've had the phone since about 10 days after release...

Thanks

The factory reset works for the update error you are getting if you are Stock.
You have updated with a leaked update so you can not update with the over the error, it will fail.
I would not worry about it until the devs or Motorola figures out a way to get those that have updated with a leaked update back onto the update path.
Every thing you do at this point to put your phone back to stock will not put your radio/kernel back to stock so it will not update with OTA until they get them back to stock.

If things are working okay right now with your phone I would just hold tight until someone figures out how to roll the phones back to stock.

OP
M

mikespe

Reaction score
The factory reset works for the update error you are getting if you are Stock.
You have updated with a leaked update so you can not update with the over the error, it will fail.
I would not worry about it until the devs or Motorola figures out a way to get those that have updated with a leaked update back onto the update path.
Every thing you do at this point to put your phone back to stock will not put your radio/kernel back to stock so it will not update with OTA until they get them back to stock.

If things are working okay right now with your phone I would just hold tight until someone figures out how to roll the phones back to stock.

Thanks & I did know this (And even told others this...LOL)...but here is why I am confused. Even AFTER I did the leaked update I was STILL getting the "Device is all up to date" message...up until 4-5 days ago. So SOMETHING changed on VZN/Moto's end I think? I was just wondering if this took me off the OTA path?

lstroyan

Reaction score

This really is annoying. They changed the SIM card an hour after I bought the phone because they put the wrong number on the phone, my husband's number, after assuring me that they wouldn't touch his phone if I used his upgrade. So I had to go back into the store to swap the card...now the only way to get any updates is to factory reset? Didn't they do that when they swapped out the SIM in the store? I know I had to re-enter my google account info.

I have MyBackup but because I'm not rooted, it doesn't get everything. So I have to go into each app and have it back up it's own data...if it knows how...Recreate all my widgets and their settings, reinstall all my apps, hope that I can remember all the things I want to backup....argh.

Is it possible that Verizon will fix this if I just wait a while?

Thanks, all.