"Check for update is not available"

rstfl2009

Reaction score
Try connecting to a WiFi network to get the update. I think what Verizon did was disable these updates to be sent out via Verizon network to cut down on the data usage and overloading their network. As soon as you connect to WiFi, check for updates again and hopefully you will get something.

Blackhawk13

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. I did a factory data reset. It came up immediately after. I was not connected to the server.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

lyrictenor1

Reaction score
Last night I performed a factory reset. After the reset, I was able to check for the update, and my phone said that the OTA was available for me. I decided to restore my phone first from Titanium Backup, and then when I subsequently tried to pull the update after that, I received the same old "Check for update is not available at this time." Puzzling.

lyrictenor1

Reaction score
Well, I'm not sure what in my old settings would have caused it. Obviously, the phone kept root through the factory reset and I was still able to pull the update before restoring the phone via TiBu. I do have Settings>Data and battery manager>...Social networking sync over wiring unchecked.

jughead75

Reaction score
Well, I'm not sure what in my old settings would have caused it. Obviously, the phone kept root through the factory reset and I was still able to pull the update before restoring the phone via TiBu. I do have Settings>Data and battery manager>...Social networking sync over wiring unchecked.

You could try another Fact. Reset then download the update. Choose install later and restore your settings with Titanium Backup and then install the update.

OP
C

capncurt86

Reaction score
I got it to work! Whohoo! What a difference this has made with dropping data.

I just did another factory reset and it worked right away.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

wmfb

Reaction score
This is the last straw from Motorola and Verizon….you buy the Bionic at the full price when it’s released based on the advertising and hype from both of them…you pay full price and get garbage and a phone that doesn’t do what it is supposedly was advertised to do, and suffer through the months of aggravation with the device…then the update comes out…..which they selectively let out to who ever they want or what ever method they desire…..Motorola denies that it is out because it isn’t confirmed on their website….Verizon tells that Motorola is doing the upgrade…etc..etc..etc. and one lies and the other swears to it. Then they supposedly fix it….I don’t know because mine is not working yet, and then they drop the price….isn’t there any Justice????

JoDroid

Reaction score
I got it to work! Whohoo! What a difference this has made with dropping data.

I just did another factory reset and it worked right away.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Are you rooted? I am not rooted and how do I backup before doing a factory reset which will cause me to lose all my settings, etc?

Thanks!

neo97

Reaction score
+1 for unchecking sync over WiFi only under social applications!