Market says 1 update available... but it's not there?

IanG

Reaction score
Basically, what the title says. The Android Market keeps telling me every day or two that there is an update available, but when I go to check I do not see any available updates. I've made sure that no apps are allowed to update automatically, and I've cleared my Market cache as well.

Any workarounds to this? Google didn't find anything.

Thanks,
Ian

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
I have not had this happen on my Bionic, but on my OG Droid I had the issue with showing 3-4 apps needed update, but nothing was there. I posted at the time, but no help. After a few weeks the notification went away as mysteriously as it appeared

Tepes

Reaction score
Probably the best option is to go into setting>applications>all, go to the market and "clear cache" and "clear data". At this point you can reboot the phone which doesn't hurt or go straight back the the market app. It will ask you to accept terms again and then should be alright. It's possible that it is either reading an update for an app you deleted or is showing an app like adobe flash which happens. Either way it should either clear the update notification or show you which app needs it once you go through the clearing and reestablishing process.

sent from my Hitchhikers Guide mark 2

OP
I

IanG

Reaction score
Probably the best option is to go into setting>applications>all, go to the market and "clear cache" and "clear data". At this point you can reboot the phone which doesn't hurt or go straight back the the market app. It will ask you to accept terms again and then should be alright. It's possible that it is either reading an update for an app you deleted or is showing an app like adobe flash which happens. Either way it should either clear the update notification or show you which app needs it once you go through the clearing and reestablishing process.

sent from my Hitchhikers Guide mark 2

As stated in the OP, I have cleared the cache and whatnot to no avail, thanks for the help though :)

I installed the freshly leaked version of the Market (3.3.11) and I think the hidden update finally showed it's face. Barcode Scanner.

Smoke#14

Reaction score
I get this notification also, I believe it is due to apps that are selected to auto update but the you still get the notification that you have an update available.

Example: I will get the notification that I have 5 updates available but when I go to run the updates I see that there are only 3 and I believe the the other 2 are apps that have the "auto update" clicked and have updated already but the notification did not change.

I am not saying I know that this is the issue but what I believe is happening.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
For me I rarely get a notification, but when I go to My Apps in the Market it may show 1 to be updated (generally one that was updated not that long ago). When I press it to update it gives me the option to open or uninstall, not update. If I wait until there are 2 or more to update, they all update, including the one without that option.

Calla969

Reaction score
Try using AppBrain to look for updates. I have had this happen several times and AppBrain will list the updates while the Market won't. Sometimes the updates were for apps that were pre-installed, like Zumocast and some of the VZW apps for specific examples. Might manually check those too.

vulcancruiser95

Reaction score
i have same problem. for me i have to check my apps and have found it to be apps like zumocast, and the verizon garbage.

entcee

Reaction score
I think it may be apps that are built into the rom (not sure if you are running stock or have a custom rom installed)

I had the same thing happen to me and I scrolled to the bottom and there were a few apps (maps and youtube for example) listed in the "Not installed" section. I clicked on them and there was a button to update.

Hope that helps.