Charging Droid while off.

Paul944

Reaction score
Powered on when charging

Just got off the phone with Verizon Tech Support. They said that with the charger plugged into the Droid, and the Droid powered off it will power up the Droid. This is normal for this cell phone. Maybe the originals would shut off, but my son has had one since they came out, and his also powers up when plugged in. :icon_ banana:

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
Never understood this, with other phones if I needed a faster charge I'd turn it off so it would charge faster, can't do that with this phone...wonder why?

vatothe0

Reaction score
Because a phone doesn't use much power when its idle.

3 to 4 hours tops to go from totally dead to 100% full. 300+ hours of standby time. How is that power draw going to make a difference? Using a computer's USB to charge is the most limiting thing you can do. If you want a fast charge, use a wall adapter.

MrC1122

Reaction score
OP

I was just wondering if it was at all possible to charge the motorola droid while it is off. I think i've exhausted all options. When I turn it off and plug it in, it turns right back on. When I plug it in while running and then turn it off, it just reboots right back on. I also searched through the setting and could not find anything. Is anyone else curious?

Thanks

Correct Answer: Post #7... The question did not address how fast it gets done, he just wanted to know if it could be done and how to do it.

Last edited: