No Saving Settings

pottymouth30

Reaction score
I like to keep my wifi on when Im at home but I notice if I shut my phone off or plug it in to charge it it's not saving my wifi it turns it off, same thing with the silent mode, I keep it on silent mode when i'm at work but if i charge or shut my phone off it turns it off, it just is'nt saving the settings anyone having the same problem is it a software issue or the phone?

JLB09

Reaction score
I like to keep my wifi on when Im at home but I notice if I shut my phone off or plug it in to charge it it's not saving my wifi it turns it off, same thing with the silent mode, I keep it on silent mode when i'm at work but if i charge or shut my phone off it turns it off, it just is'nt saving the settings anyone having the same problem is it a software issue or the phone?

I thought it was just me!
It seemed for me that several of my settings when I first got the phone would change as you are describing. I would keep resetting the desired settings and then after several days they appeared to finally stay the way I wanted them. Maybe it will be that way for you.

thatguychuck

Reaction score
I haven't played with it much myself, but you might try toying with the wi-fi sleep policy setting.

menu-settings-wireless & netwroks-wifi settings-menu button-advanced-wi fi sleep policy

It has three settings,

when screen turns off,

never when plugged in,

Never.

Edit: I'm guessing changing this will effect battery life.
Mine came stock with "when screen turns off" checked.

jwd45244

Reaction score
wiFi wil automatically wake up if and app needs it. For example, the e-mail client will wake up wifi.

OP
P

pottymouth30

Reaction score
Thanks, Do you know why it is'nt saving my silent mode when I leave work I turn it so I can hear it ring but if I turn my phone off and turn it back on it goes right back to silent mode.