Charging Droid while off.

mattsonian

Reaction score
I was just wondering if it was at all possible to charge the motorola droid while it is off. I think i've exhausted all options. When I turn it off and plug it in, it turns right back on. When I plug it in while running and then turn it off, it just reboots right back on. I also searched through the setting and could not find anything. Is anyone else curious?

Thanks

primodroid

Reaction score
I was just wondering if it was at all possible to charge the motorola droid while it is off. I think i've exhausted all options. When I turn it off and plug it in, it turns right back on. When I plug it in while running and then turn it off, it just reboots right back on. I also searched through the setting and could not find anything. Is anyone else curious?

Thanks
The Droid automatically goes on by default when charging.

J. Dub

Reaction score

Thanks
The Droid automatically goes on by default when charging.
true story

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yep. I was reading the entire manual online the other day, and it specifically says "The device will be on when charging."

R

racklefratz

I was just wondering if it was at all possible to charge the motorola droid while it is off.

Short answer is yes.

Long answer is that if you charge it via the wall wart, it will come back on. If you leave your PC on and use the USB cable to charge the phone, you can power it off once it's connected and it will stay off. You will see the LED charge light on, and that will go out when full charge is reached.

LordKastle

Reaction score
Answering you.

Didn't you answer someone else's question when it was to the OP?

R

racklefratz

Answering you.

Didn't you answer someone else's question when it was to the OP?

No - it was to someone else.

In post #6, I answered "SilverX10"s question "why would anyone want the phone off when charging?".

In post #7, I answered the OP's question.

LordKastle

Reaction score
I was about to say fair enough..I made an incorrect leap in logic but guess what? You skewed and twisted the words... here is the exact quote.

"not entirely sure why you'd want to have it off in the first place."
you: "To keep from getting calls when you want to sleep."

The person responded to the op saying "you'd" not "anyone"

Game over.

jwd45244

Reaction score
Here is the short of this:

1) If you are charging the phone, it will be on (This is by design)

2) You can use "Airplane Mode" to completely disconnect you from all networks: Voice, data, and WiFi.

R

racklefratz

I was about to say fair enough..I made an incorrect leap in logic but guess what? You skewed and twisted the words... here is the exact quote.

"not entirely sure why you'd want to have it off in the first place."
you: "To keep from getting calls when you want to sleep."

The person responded to the op saying "you'd" not "anyone"

Game over.

Game over, hell, get over it. It is what it is. Jeez.

R

racklefratz

Here is the short of this:

1) If you are charging the phone, it will be on (This is by design)

And, as I've posted here and elsewhere ad nauseum, that's WRONG.

Charge with 110v, it won't turn off. Charge with USB, and you CAN TURN THE BLASTED PHONE OFF, AND IT WILL REMAIN OFF.

NOW THE "GAME" is OVER.

OVER AND OUT.