1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

certified like "new"

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by jkcerda, Oct 8, 2010.

1. jkcerda

jkcerda New Member

yeap, thats a replacement phone for you, you 3 month old phone takes a crap & you are stuck with a REFURBISHED :motdroidvert: as a substitute, what a load of bull.
  2. pudco

pudco New Member

I agree with that.. Kinda sucks but I've never really had an issue with a replacement. I believe if it's an issue covered under warranty then you should get a NEW phone. The Asurion gives you a refurbished as well which I still don't really agree with but like I said I haven't had a problem. Actually my droid x that I just got is a certified pre-owned. It was $50 less and was in perfect condition when I got it. The idea of it kind of sucks, but in all reality I've never had a problem with Verizon's refurbished phones. I've had 4 of them now.. a Motorola q9m, palm treo 700wx, lg env touch, and now the droid x. All refurbished. The droid is the only one I actually purchased that way due to the very high price to begin with. The others I had all new. The motorola q9m and LG was a warranty claim, the palm was an insurance claim
  3. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

In the 3 devices that I have gotten from asurion they all have been New.....

I guess they could keep your old device for a few weeks to fix it then return it to you....
  4. ctxx24

ctxx24 New Member

i got 3 like new (ya right) referbs finally 4th one worked right....
  5. LtKen

LtKen New Member

I had a refurb with a peeling keyboard.....
  6. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Look at your terms and conditions when you get the phone. It tells you clearly in there what you're going to get as a replacement under warranty. No cell company is going to offer a new phone as a warranty replacement. Gripe all you want, nothing is going to change. The only exception is if you purchase the phone new and have an issue, you'll get a NIB (new in box) within the first 30 days once.
  7. phillyphill39

phillyphill39 New Member

Yeah every cell phone company does it. Its too expensive to give brand new phones everytime someone has an issue or thinks there is an issue with their device. Can't tell you how many times I have a customer come in complaining about a problem. And its user error but some how they want a new phone.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  8. Big Fate

Big Fate New Member

Speak for yourself...

I got the best damn insurance you could have on a phone...
    10$ a month, My phone breaks they dont send me no refurbished crap, I get a gift card with 600$ and can purchase the same phone, another or just wait till a new phone comes out and purchase that...
  9. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Is this the Best Buy one? If so, don't ever drop it in water because it won't be covered.
  10. blitzburgh39

blitzburgh39 New Member

dude stop complaining. i just got my certified like new droid today and its freaking awesome. looks BRAND new. acts brand new. no problems. id give up my scratched droid for a fresh droid anyday.
  11. Big Fate

Big Fate New Member

Yessir...

I'll call and verify about the water damage again today, but I was told everything is covered as long as you have the physical phone. (Stolen or lost not covered)
Search tags for this page
certified like new iphone 4s verizon
how are galaxy 4s certified like new phones
how do you know if you got a new or certified like new repla

verizon certified like new

x10 certified like new