certified like "new"

jkcerda

Reaction score
yeap, thats a replacement phone for you, you 3 month old phone takes a crap & you are stuck with a REFURBISHED :motdroidvert: as a substitute, what a load of bull.

pudco

Reaction score
I agree with that.. Kinda sucks but I've never really had an issue with a replacement. I believe if it's an issue covered under warranty then you should get a NEW phone. The Asurion gives you a refurbished as well which I still don't really agree with but like I said I haven't had a problem. Actually my droid x that I just got is a certified pre-owned. It was $50 less and was in perfect condition when I got it. The idea of it kind of sucks, but in all reality I've never had a problem with Verizon's refurbished phones. I've had 4 of them now.. a Motorola q9m, palm treo 700wx, lg env touch, and now the droid x. All refurbished. The droid is the only one I actually purchased that way due to the very high price to begin with. The others I had all new. The motorola q9m and LG was a warranty claim, the palm was an insurance claim

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
In the 3 devices that I have gotten from asurion they all have been New.....

I guess they could keep your old device for a few weeks to fix it then return it to you....

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I had a refurb with a peeling keyboard.....

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Look at your terms and conditions when you get the phone. It tells you clearly in there what you're going to get as a replacement under warranty. No cell company is going to offer a new phone as a warranty replacement. Gripe all you want, nothing is going to change. The only exception is if you purchase the phone new and have an issue, you'll get a NIB (new in box) within the first 30 days once.

phillyphill39

Reaction score
Yeah every cell phone company does it. Its too expensive to give brand new phones everytime someone has an issue or thinks there is an issue with their device. Can't tell you how many times I have a customer come in complaining about a problem. And its user error but some how they want a new phone.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Big Fate

Reaction score
Look at your terms and conditions when you get the phone. It tells you clearly in there what you're going to get as a replacement under warranty. No cell company is going to offer a new phone as a warranty replacement. Gripe all you want, nothing is going to change. The only exception is if you purchase the phone new and have an issue, you'll get a NIB (new in box) within the first 30 days once.

Speak for yourself...

I got the best damn insurance you could have on a phone...
10$ a month, My phone breaks they dont send me no refurbished crap, I get a gift card with 600$ and can purchase the same phone, another or just wait till a new phone comes out and purchase that...

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Speak for yourself...

10$ a month, My phone breaks they dont send me no refurbished crap, I get a gift card with 600$ and can purchase the same phone, another or just wait till a new phone comes out and purchase that...
Is this the Best Buy one? If so, don't ever drop it in water because it won't be covered.

blitzburgh39

Reaction score
dude stop complaining. i just got my certified like new droid today and its freaking awesome. looks BRAND new. acts brand new. no problems. id give up my scratched droid for a fresh droid anyday.

Big Fate

Reaction score

Speak for yourself...

Is this the Best Buy one? If so, don't ever drop it in water because it won't be covered.

Yessir...

I'll call and verify about the water damage again today, but I was told everything is covered as long as you have the physical phone. (Stolen or lost not covered)