Certified Like New Replacement

barski

Reaction score
I just received my "Certified like new replacement" Droid X today. I opened it up all excited, slapped the battery in and no lights on the soft keys. Tried a factory reset, battery pulls and still no lights. Now there sending me another and it will be here tomorrow. After looking at the phone closer i can see that the screen is scratched.

Anyone else have wonderful problems like this?

Also can I go to any Verizon wireless store to get a replacement? I feel like I'm going to keep getting junk, at least at the store i can try it out.

OP
barski

barski

Reaction score
There's an idea. I hope it doesn't come down to that.

jleitner02

Reaction score
Had the same situation on my Droid. After the second "like new" they noted my account...so if anything happens to this one they will probably swap it for another android phone. They said they will never give a brand new....sucks.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Despite all the negative ranting you see in the Forums, chances are: 1. You'll get your CLNR and it will work fine and 2. You won't come back and tell us that, because people hate to come into a forum and say they are happy with it.

If you do get a bad one, please don't open another thread. You can rant on this one just fine. ;) Good luck.

avengedfo7ld

Reaction score
Droid x Replacement problems

I had my first droid x for 7 months with no problems. The phone over heated and a white spot developed on the screen. Verizon replaced the phone and ever since then its been a mess. I'm on my 5th certified replacement with the 6th coming tomorrow. all the issues have been screen related. Dead spots, LCD distortion spots, one that took over an hour to finally activate because it kept dialing '0'. I was just told from tech support that I would need to go to the store and use my insurance to get a new device. I just got this device Friday and it has a Spot on the lcd in the center of the screen that looks like it is being pressed. It gets noticeably worse when any small amount of pressure is applied on the battery of the phone. I have taken the battery out and the problem is still there. Here's hoping the 6th one is ok....

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 5
Twitter
@healthymommy13
Oh no! My husband and I just got cert pre owned x's switching from faulty sanding fascinates and they have been great! Perfect condition and no probs. Knock on wood lol

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App