My Certified Like New Replacement

Discussion in 'HTC ThunderBolt' started by y0manda, Jun 30, 2011.

1. y0manda

y0manda Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Received my Certified Like New phone replacement (refurbished/ pos) yesterday. My wife returned my original phone today. The replacement phone had a stiff power button which I thought was because it needed some breaking in, stopped working this evening. My original new phone was power cycling and when I called tech support the representative promised me the replacement phone will be in perfect condition, as it undergoes a "100 point factory inspection." Obviously the power button wasn't one of them. Now I am without a working phone. Thank you VZW, I guess the 3 data lines and 2 regular lines on my account doesn't mean crap.

2. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +292
    So you either call VZW at 800-422-0204 or go to the store where the phone was purchased. Posting in here isn't going to resolve the issue. I've personally had very good luck with CLNRs in the past, thankfully my TB has had absolutely no issues and still original.

3. robrecht

robrecht Member

Ratings:
    +0
    A lot of people have reported problems with CLNRs. Some of visually obvious, others are not immediately apparent. I finally broke down and let them send me a CLNR the other day just to help them diagnose the problems. I didn't think a new device would fix problems with the firmware/network interface, but no recurrence of rebooting/data connectivity issues. Time will tell, but so far the CLNR seems perfect.

Search tags for this page

800-422-0204

certified like new thunderbolt verizon
condition certified like new
does certified like new mean
what does certified like new phone mean