CWR Manager to perform backups and restores
Root with the latest su and SuperUser
Busybox
sysrw/sysro scripts
Updated Maps, Market, YouTube, MyVerizon
Updated and themed EMail, GMail, Market, Browser, Contacts, and Talk
Basic theming to the statusbar and pull down

Kernel Features:
OC/UV up to 1.6GHz (Use SetCPU found here on XDA)
Updated stock governors to ver 3
Added Interactive, Smartass2, Lagfree, and Smoothass governors
10pt MultiTouch
Added VR IO Scheduler
Added tweaked Deadline IO Scheduler

Please DO NOT check the "Set on Boot" button in SetCPU untill you have tested it, or you may not be able to get control back without a reflash.

Kernel OC done by jmztaylor. He's the man!

You will also find included jrummy's Root Browser app pictured above.

D

Downloads:

Galaxy Cubed 3
MD5: 0c1906268e31e726b6e3aec6874644ab

Backup Script - A simple batch script to dump everything from your phone for backup purposes. Just Roto's idea batched.
MD5: 06a5080df533b107fed1cd6fc88660cd

Flash each file in Heimdall in the appropriate place.

And of course, Wipe Data/Factory Reset as soon as you flash.

coalminer665

Reaction score
I need help. I managed to brick my VZW tab, but I did manage to flash to Galaxy Cubed Rom. Now for the problems: I have no boot animations, under the about device for hardware version it stats Unknown, model number it is SCH-I800, Firmware is 2.3.5, Baseband is unknown, Kernal is 2.6.35.7 and build number is SCH-I800-EI04. My device will power up but will not enter recovery mode, just downloader. I can not restart into CMW. If I power down and then hold volume up and power it comes to a screen aand says Power Reset/ Unknow command or something to that effect. It will not exit airplane mode all though it will connect to Wi-Fi. It is now rooted with superuser. I have a lot of experience on droid x with SBF, custom roms, and all that, but I am pretty well a noob on the tab and may have gotten myself in over my head. I would be more than happy to pay for help or donate. I have done so with many users for the x. Since I now have superuser I cannot take it back to verizon and this things not even a week old. I dont care what I have to do or if I loose root access. I would like to get my device back up.

OP
dsb9938

dsb9938

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I need help. I managed to brick my VZW tab, but I did manage to flash to Galaxy Cubed Rom. Now for the problems: I have no boot animations, under the about device for hardware version it stats Unknown, model number it is SCH-I800, Firmware is 2.3.5, Baseband is unknown, Kernal is 2.6.35.7 and build number is SCH-I800-EI04. My device will power up but will not enter recovery mode, just downloader. I can not restart into CMW. If I power down and then hold volume up and power it comes to a screen aand says Power Reset/ Unknow command or something to that effect. It will not exit airplane mode all though it will connect to Wi-Fi. It is now rooted with superuser. I have a lot of experience on droid x with SBF, custom roms, and all that, but I am pretty well a noob on the tab and may have gotten myself in over my head. I would be more than happy to pay for help or donate. I have done so with many users for the x. Since I now have superuser I cannot take it back to verizon and this things not even a week old. I dont care what I have to do or if I loose root access. I would like to get my device back up.

Reflash the entire package. Don't flash the new kernel until I release an update for it. I'm not positive, but I think it may have a problem.

D

coalminer665

Reaction score
Reflash the entire package. Don't flash the new kernel until I release an update for it. I'm not positive, but I think it may have a problem.

D

Yeah I forgot to metion that. I flashed with the old kernel. With the new one I basiclly bootloop. I dont know its kinda of weird. With the new one if you turn the tab sideways you can see part of the screen.

I am pretty sure this is just going to be something to play with and is going to be a wifi only. Cause it is pretty screwed. It would be nice if you could just SBF these and erase all the mistakes you make. I got to where I liked SBF pretty good, gives the freedom to try anything out and go right back to out of the box new.....lol.

coalminer665

Reaction score
I also bought the bootstraper from koush in the market and when I try to run it I get succsess but when I reboot in recovery I get bootlooped.

RodRessler

Reaction score
I'd like to try this ROM, but I'm a little gunshy at the moment. I have the original 7" SGT from Verizon. I have 2.2 (Froyo) running on it. I rooted it and deleted a bunch of apps I knew I'd never run. Now the GB update from Verizon will not run (3 attempts so far). My guess is that the upgrade is trying to update an app that I no longer have and is failing at that point. Hopefully, you won't mind a couple of questions:

The last post from you says that you may have an "issue". Have you been able to find/resolve it?

Is this ROM even for the 7" Tab?

Are the "default" features still working? Specifically, 3G and the cameras. I ask because I lost 3G somehow for a while during the whole root thing and I want to avoid that again if I can.

Can I flash your ROM even though the upgrade from Verizon will not work?

Thanks!

Rod

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DroidForums

northern89

Reaction score
Please help me out

Never performed a root before. I would like to use this ROM. But I have no idea where to start. Can someone please point me in the right direction for a guide, from very beginning on how to root my vzw SGT. I would appreciate all the help I can get

RodRessler

Reaction score
I rooted my SGT 7" running FroYo (2.2) very easily and quickly using SuperOneClick. From what I've read though, GB (2.3) is not working yet, so if you've run the Verizon system update, you will probably need to wait. I'd love some updated news on this, so if anyone can tell me another way to root GB or if a custom ROM (Galaxy Cubed?) is the way to go, I'd appreciate it.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DroidForums