[ROM] MIUI.us-Sholes-1.9.16 [DEV]

xtinct13

Reaction score
Browsing is slow...the whole phone goes slow when music is on

[ ] Motorola Droid: Latest Miui
[X] Motorola Xoom: Tiamat 2.2
Tapatalk

i never said i am using music while browsing

i previously used liquid smooth room with corcor v2 1050 lv kernel and it is fast but my phone always freezes on homescreen when it idle for long so i search for another rom and this one is pretty good but a little on the slow side because it is only running 800mhz

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
Chewy:
Did the good professor ever post the stock kernel zip file? I know you asked before.

I just hate to have to reflash.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

cu_shane

Reaction score
VIRTUOUS OVERCLOCK
The virtuous overclock daemon will auto run as long as no SetCPU type apps are installed. The OC daemon will auto underclock the CPU when the screen is off. The daemon repsonds quicker to screen on/off changes than 3rd party apps. Options for daemon can be changed with included app (which can be uninstalled if you don't want to use).

I don't see a new app for this? Is everyone else seeing it? If I'm the only one, I'll try reflashing.

Also, should this daemon work with other kernel's or just the included one?

zachdroid

Reaction score
I have it after an update. Haven't checked it out really. Been using setcpu. Thinking about freezing it and trying this out

chewy74

Reaction score
Bang, no he didn't put up the stock kernel zip yet
Cu, try rebooting and are if it shows after before reflashing
Zach, Im using the virtuous and noticed an increase in battery life. Give it a try

zachdroid

Reaction score
Bang, no he didn't put up the stock kernel zip yet
Cu, try rebooting and are if it shows after before reflashing
Zach, Im using the virtuous and noticed an increase in battery life. Give it a try

I'm freezing setcpu now gonna try it out. Thanks chewy.

g_what

Reaction score
Download and have been running for a few hours. So far so good :)

xtinct13

Reaction score
Try Chevy's lv or mv kernels. They work well with this rom

so i downloaded and install the chevy ulv 1.1Ghz and the improvement is MASSIVE. my phone is alot more responsive and things load faster

the only problem is if i set the clock to 1.1Ghz using the Virtuous Overclock, youtube video is freezing so i downclock it to 1.0Ghz and everything works good

my question is, is there any stress test program out there to see if the overclock is stable?(something like prime95 on the pc)

tnx

xtinct13

Reaction score
StabiltyTest ought to do it for you...

so i downloaded and install that program and i run it about 10mins and the max temp i saw was 42c

how long should i let i run the program? also what is the safe temps of droid 1?

is there anyway to set something like auto shut down or downclock if the temps go above a specific threshold?

xtinct13

Reaction score
is it me or flash player isn't working?

i installed flash player 10.3 and dolphin hd browser from the market but it doesn't load any flash videos if i click them

wallaby311

Reaction score
Two issues

I cannot download/update anything from the market. It gives an error of "insufficient space" I have more than 140mb of free app storage on my phone. I have cleared market apk's cache and data and rebooted to no avail.

Also I have tried using the market fix in titanium backup but cannot get it to recognize root privilages. It shows up in my superuser app as having root access (and also when the program staerts I get a notification at the bottom of the screen that TI has root priviliages) but the program itself says root access failed.

TI has worked off and on through the last few released but not with this one. This is the first time I've had problems with the market.

Anyone have and idea???

chewy74

Reaction score
See OP

10. If you cannot download / install apps from market, make sure you have "ROOT Permission" set to ON under SuperUser Settings.

launch Superuser app and go to its menu/ setytings and toggle root oermissions to on and try again

if that doesnt work, try wiping market data & cache

Last, try wiping dalvik cache

chewy74

Reaction score
setcpu allows you to set up profiles that will downclock if XXX temp is reached

so i downloaded and install that program and i run it about 10mins and the max temp i saw was 42c

how long should i let i run the program? also what is the safe temps of droid 1?

is there anyway to set something like auto shut down or downclock if the temps go above a specific threshold?