[ROM] [CDMA][ROM][AOSP][4.0.3] Codename Android 1.5.5 [Fully Open Source](03/15/12)

benmgp

Reaction score
Lean kernal is included, why would you flash it?

Sent from my GalaxyNexus using DroidForums

It is? That's weird. The Lean Kernel I am using now is totally different than what was on there after I flashed this ROM. Are there variations of the Lean Kernel?

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
It is? That's weird. The Lean Kernel I am using now is totally different than what was on there after I flashed this ROM. Are there variations of the Lean Kernel?

Haha, I thought it was. Maybe I am mistaken. Can't seem to find in the 1st post, but I am pretty certain I read that somewhere.

benmgp

Reaction score

cac595

Reaction score
If you are getting bad battery drain, try charging to 100% and wiping battery stats.

Also, the franco kernel with this rom has been working really well for me. It runs great and the battery life is also better than anything else ive used with the nexus.

deathshead

Reaction score
So, I flashed this yesterday and overnight my battery went from 65% to dead. 4g disabled. =/

With AXI0M + Apex kernel, I only lost about 5-6% overnight, so something isn't right here.

Maybe something was left running, maybe it's the ROM or maybe it's the kernel. I'm using Franco's nightly #12. I could try switching to Leankernel, but I hear the performance isn't quite as good, and would the battery life really be ~60% better?

"Important stuff:
About the battery I want you people to test this: Reboot your phone, then after it booted up open up Camera, then close it. I think we have the same bug as we had on the NS. Google Talk Video version opens the camera during boot and its sensor gets fired up and since the camera isn't closed the sensor just stays there open in the background wasting battery like there was no tomorrow. Opening and closing the Camera after booting up closes the sensor and then the GN enters in Sleep mode just fine (easy to check with Cpu Spy). If more people can confirm my initial testing then we may "have" found one of the possible battery drains when the phone is idle."

But you already knew that because you did your homework and READ about it before just downloading any old kernel and flashing it right?:icon_ devil:

AFX

Reaction score
"Important stuff:
About the battery I want you people to test this: Reboot your phone, then after it booted up open up Camera, then close it. I think we have the same bug as we had on the NS. Google Talk Video version opens the camera during boot and its sensor gets fired up and since the camera isn't closed the sensor just stays there open in the background wasting battery like there was no tomorrow. Opening and closing the Camera after booting up closes the sensor and then the GN enters in Sleep mode just fine (easy to check with Cpu Spy). If more people can confirm my initial testing then we may "have" found one of the possible battery drains when the phone is idle."

But you already knew that because you did your homework and READ about it before just downloading any old kernel and flashing it right?:icon_ devil:
Yes, but what does the kernel have to do with it? It's the ROM that determines what opens and stays open. From what I've read, this has already been fixed in all current ROMs. I didn't have this issue previously.

bwillie

Reaction score
Great from so far! There are a lot of choices for customizing!!! Super fast and the graphics are smooth. I'm running Franco kernel with this.

martinpena650

Reaction score
Nice! For updates from 1.0.1 can I just wipe cache and dalvik?

And do I need to reinstall gapps recovery?

sent from my rooted nexus
I wiped cache and dalvik before installing update rom and new gapps. Had no problems with installation.

scott62185

Reaction score
Would appreciate it if you can also report back on your experience. What Kernel is this ROM running?

My experience: first-wow, this is fast and buttery smooth (I installed the Lean kernel, btw). Love all of the options (putting time in the center of the notification, changing colors of everything, choosing what you want in the notification toggles, being able to have the search soft key and choosing the order you want the soft keys in, etc., etc. Battery seems pretty comparable to when I was on Axiom 2.4. I had my sound machine ("White Noise") on all night (only 6 hours), and the battery barely went down about 5%. I have been using the phone quite a bit this AM (looking through all the menus, getting things set up, light internet, no calls, and my battery has gone down pretty significantly (I'm on 56% now, going on 2 hours of almost constant use).

I've been having that issue this morning where "Mediaserver" takes up a large % of the battery usage (~50% when I first got up). I've done a lot of searching and doesn't seem to be a consensus on what causes that. I did un-check my google photos sync (had seen on some site that Picassa might be causing the issue). Since then it has been steadily going down (now at 23%) and "Screen" is steadily going up (now at 40% of the battery usage).

Now, downloading the update (1.1.0)! I'll get back to you on what my experience with that is.

FYI: saw over on Rootzwiki that people who installed the update had an issue w/ the phone not going into "deep sleep" thus the battery was draining very quickly. Someone found a temporary "fix" which is to toggle the bluetooth on and off. They made the point that this does not fix the bug but does make it go away until you reboot (does not survive a reboot). I guess I'll wait a little until I flash it.

I see views on either side about doing a full wipe or just doing cache/dalvic when flashing an update. Any opinions here? Would love to not have to re-install everything! Especially because my Titanium Backup keeps "hanging" (stopping after restoring a few apps). Does the same when I try to backup all my apps.

Last edited: