Case yes/no which one?

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
I got the Tech21 case when I got the phone, but I didn't really like how hard it made it to press the buttons. I tried all fitting adjustments, but tit was still pretty hard. I had the Incipio DualPro on my Maxx and I loved it so I got one for the Turbo BUT after seeing CaptainSS's experience, I spent 10 minutes with my Dremel and got rid of all of the little nubs on the inside of it. Fits perfect and I don't have to worry about dimples in the ballistic nylon back. It works for me.

OP
CaptainSS

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
I got the Tech21 case when I got the phone, but I didn't really like how hard it made it to press the buttons. I tried all fitting adjustments, but tit was still pretty hard. I had the Incipio DualPro on my Maxx and I loved it so I got one for the Turbo BUT after seeing CaptainSS's experience, I spent 10 minutes with my Dremel and got rid of all of the little nubs on the inside of it. Fits perfect and I don't have to worry about dimples in the ballistic nylon back. It works for me.

Ha! modding a case! Me too except what I did was ease some of the connection in the push buttons on the tech21 with my dremel. Now they are more free to push thus making them much easier to deal with.

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
SWEET! We should start our own forum. CaseModders.com...might be kinda lonely though. Only a couple of nerds like us that like to make things perfect would join.

OP
CaptainSS

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it would be a small forum for sure. The mod on my tech21 (funny you mentioned the buttons being hard to push. Actually my only complaint about the case) the idea came to me from a trick I learned when my kids were babies.

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
Your kids buttons were hard to push? I don't know how hard it is to push my kids buttons, but they sure know how to push my buttons. What did you do to help? I assume you removed a little material at the edge of the button cover to make it more flexible, but please enlighten me. How does this relate to your kids? Now I'm really curious.

By the way, thanks for your service Captain. My son's with the 7th SFG at Eglin.

Last edited:
OP
CaptainSS

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Your kids buttons were hard to push? I don't know how hard it is to push my kids buttons, but they sure know how to push my buttons. What did you do to help? I assume you removed a little material at the edge of the button cover to make it more flexible, but please enlighten me. How does this relate to your kids? Now I'm really curious.

By the way, thanks for your service Captain. My son's with the 7th SFG at Eglin.
Thank you for building the Character in a Young Man (your Son) that then called him to serve.
Great question and one that my answer was cut short earlier by a call from one of my Sons.
When they were little (really little) I used to cheat at night and add a little farina flakes to their bottles. The extra bulk filled their bellies and they slept better (longer) which translated into a little more sleep for us. Well, the "nipple" didn't like it so much and it would clog. So, I would take my knife and I would "connect" the two holes in the nipple making a "slit" instead. The payload was delivered, Baby Happy, Momma happy, me happy UNTIL the Doctor asked my Wife if "she" could see the bottle. I had forgotten to tell my Wife I guess. Boy was I in trouble (for one night) magically the modified nipples reappeared and Peace & joy was restored.
So, YES I took my dremmel and eased slits in my power button "button" on the Tech21 (that is the one that I use mostly and gives me the most trouble) made a Big Difference. Way easier and Now I use the case. I was taking it off quite a bit.

Note: The 7th is an Amazing unit, I did two tours at Bragg (among many other places etc) there are "units" and then there are UNITS. Your Son is serving among the Best of the Best. God bless Him and Your Family. Thank you.

Last edited:

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
Great story! My wife nursed all of our kids (6) so there wasn't much chance of me sneaking anything into that bottle.
Thanks for the thoughts of my son. He's doing great and we're all grateful and proud for his service as I am for all active duty and vets.

Very ingenious way to fix the case. Others, including me, can learn from your wisdom.

DESERPENTOR

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid Turbo
dd6db331094ba212c9eb36e8afd628f3.jpg
709674a66a29ab3f03ebce2c1830ed37.jpg
5881aeebaa3e8181184240c390b436ba.jpg
7c3b59e75e4aa3209807dc9f91fb3775.jpg

How is typing with the lifeproof case screen protector?

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
I like slim cases so if I owned a Turbo, I'd probably have a Pure.Gear Slim Shell case.

jedeye

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
moto droid turbo
I like this one a lot. Two part with latex and lexan and less than $8 with shipping from scamazon
0215152138a~2.jpg