Case yes/no which one?

giant25

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I use a padded leather pouch with belt clip, I like my phones nekid. I live and work on a farm, plenty of danger, kept my RazrMaxx safe and scratch free for 30 months till I traded it in for turbo.

That's what I'm looking for. Which one are you using?

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
For lack of anything else available I picked up an Otterbox Commuter today for my just swapped for 64GB. Took back the case holster yesterday. Well I am really glad I did. Was in Best Buy and had my phone in my hand checking a price. Some moron walked by me and purposely stuck his elbow out and knocked my phone out of my hand. Phone went flying in the air and hit the floor. If it had been naked like it was just 15 minutes before I would hate to see the results.

Tap'd from my Droid Turbo

OP
CaptainSS

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Some D-Head purposely knocks my phone out of my hand and sends it flying He better hope an Otter climbs on his head real quick to save his life.
I'm not a great candidate to pick for that exercise......

Glad it worked out for you, the Otterbox line is good protection for sure.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Some D-Head purposely knocks my phone out of my hand and sends it flying He better hope an Otter climbs on his head real quick to save his life.
I'm not a great candidate to pick for that exercise......

Glad it worked out for you, the Otterbox line is good protection for sure.

He was not the best candidate for laying out on the floor. He was mentally challenged. But he still did it on purpose. I went off on his ass and I think I scared him because he disappeared quick.

OP
CaptainSS

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
He was not the best candidate for laying out on the floor. He was mentally challenged. But he still did it on purpose. I went off on his ass and I think I scared him because he disappeared quick.

Oh. My one brother in law is mentally challenged. He gets a pass.

Reactions: 24c

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Oh. My one brother in law is mentally challenged. He gets a pass.

Barely got a pass because it wasn't an accident. Stuck his elbow right out and looked back at me with a smirk. His parents or guardians attempted to scold me for yelling at him. I shot right back at them. They should not be letting him wander around the store unsupervised.

btc1951

Reaction score
I ended up exchanging my Otterbox Defender for the Lifeproof case yesterday at Verizon. Winter is coming and I've dropped mine in the snow before and I like the fact that it's waterproof, snowproof, dirtproof, etc. And the built-in creen protector doesn't impede typing like the Otterbox Defender did. It's not quite as rugged as the Defender but I think it should be rugged enough for my purposes.

OP
CaptainSS

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
I ended up exchanging my Otterbox Defender for the Lifeproof case yesterday at Verizon. Winter is coming and I've dropped mine in the snow before and I like the fact that it's waterproof, snowproof, dirtproof, etc. And the built-in creen protector doesn't impede typing like the Otterbox Defender did. It's not quite as rugged as the Defender but I think it should be rugged enough for my purposes.
Good luck with your new case, they are a nice product.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
I did pick up s Ghostek Blitz Case off eBay for $2 (Price Error, changed to $10 now) and it is a rather slim full protection case with screen protector like the defender. Has covered Ports. I like it but it does not fit the Ballistic Back. I really want just a Bumper Case for the Edges. I want the Back Exposed. Love the feel of the Turbo.

AvaMichele

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
At first, I didn't want a case. Then my boxer knocked my Turbo off the end table and it ended up with a scratch on the screen. I have the red commuter case with the flexible glass screen protector. I didn't want the defender like I had on my Maxx. I didn't care for the screen protector in it.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
At first, I didn't want a case. Then my boxer knocked my Turbo off the end table and it ended up with a scratch on the screen. I have the red commuter case with the flexible glass screen protector. I didn't want the defender like I had on my Maxx. I didn't care for the screen protector in it.
Push the screen protector out, remove the adhesive and put a flexible glass screen protector on in its place..