Can't wait for TB, what to do?

huskerdroid31

Reaction score
I was due for a new phone Jan 4th and have waited this long for the TB already, but my current phone is pretty much trashed and I need a new phone asap. What would be best to do?

Get a loaner and wait hopefully no more than a month and then get the TB.

Get an Incredible or similar phone and use it until the TB and more of the new phones are out in march/april/june and sell my phone and upgrade then when everything is set and finalized for the newer phones. Or would the vphone have a better resale value?

Are the Incredible 2 and other newer phones going to be comparable or better than TB?

Or any other better ideas?

I just want a nice new droid phone soon to upgrade from my BB and am trying to figure out my best option.

Thanks

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Believe it or not I really don't see what everyone's obsession is with the new Android phones that are coming up. By the time they do come out something else will be in the wind and what are you going to do, wait some more?

Find a good Android phone, I don't to HTC and I'm not trolling here but I'd say the X or D2G an stay with that until you get an upgrade. Or if you get an upgrade.

motty69

Reaction score
I had an Imagio with a cracked screen until my wife picked me up a used Eris on Craig's list. It's a nice little phone for what she paid for it. My upgrade is in May, the TB is gonna seem huge compared to this phone.

I hate typing on this tiny screen, if only I could find a version of Swype that would work I could cruise to May.

Sent from my Eris using DroidForums App

Parafly9

Reaction score
I had an Imagio with a cracked screen until my wife picked me up a used Eris on Craig's list. It's a nice little phone for what she paid for it. My upgrade is in May, the TB is gonna seem huge compared to this phone.

I hate typing on this tiny screen, if only I could find a version of Swype that would work I could cruise to May.

Sent from my Eris using DroidForums App

buy a used phone on craigslist and sell it when the phone you want comes out. You can pretty much buy and sell used phones at the same cost.

Dark_Jedi

Reaction score
Believe it or not I really don't see what everyone's obsession is with the new Android phones that are coming up. By the time they do come out something else will be in the wind and what are you going to do, wait some more?

Find a good Android phone, I don't to HTC and I'm not trolling here but I'd say the X or D2G an stay with that until you get an upgrade. Or if you get an upgrade.

Why would anyone want a DX or Droid 2 for that matter? They are practically outdated, now especially when the TB and iPhone 4 come out this month. I will say this, do not get a Samsung phone...DO NOT! I hate my Fascinate and cant wait to add a new line when the TB comes out.

SocalMike

Reaction score
The iphone 4 is more outdated then the DX just because its finally on verizon doesn't make it new

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

kptphalkon

Reaction score

Why would anyone want a DX or Droid 2 for that matter? They are practically outdated, now especially when the TB and iPhone 4 come out this month. I will say this, do not get a Samsung phone...DO NOT! I hate my Fascinate and cant wait to add a new line when the TB comes out.

Just curious as to what droid you have.

Sent from the F-Zero cockpit on my D2G

Dark_Jedi

Reaction score

Just curious as to what droid you have.

Sent from the F-Zero cockpit on my D2G

I have a Fascinate right now, but i got the DX on day 1 last year and hated it. Worst phone ever if u ask me. The screen was trash and the phone ran like crap, mainly due to Moto Blur, but then again they say, but you can root it and make it better. Thats true but when you buy a phone you dont buy because rooting it makes it better you buy it for what it offers out of the box, right? And compared to the HTC TB the DX doesnt even compare.

Now im not promoting the Fascinate at all because it sucks ass. But the samsung UI is much better than Moto Blur i will say that.

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Actually the Thunderbolt should be on preorder this Super Bowl Sunday. Yep. No really! It's somewhere on the internet/droidforums TB forum.

Which means the release date is probably more like the 17th.

........ Can't wait 'till the 17th!?

SolidSnakeUS

Reaction score
I'll have Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and Killzone 3 to keep me busy before I get a Thunderbolt.

OP
H

huskerdroid31

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the info. I just got a cheap replacement and will be getting the TB asap!