Thunderbolt or Incredible S?

iOSfails

Reaction score
My original plan was to use my sister's upgrade to get the TB but I keep stumbling on stuff about the Incredible S. It looks pretty sleek and it has the same processor as the TB and software (I think) but which one would be the better buy? Should I wait for the Incredible S or just go with the TB?

Sent from my Incredible using DroidForums

OP
iOSfails

iOSfails

Reaction score
I live in the southwest though. We won't be getting LTE for awhile.

Sent from my Incredible using DroidForums

CsonkaBear

Reaction score
I took my TB back to wait for the S (Incredible 2).

We have 4G here but it ate my battery alive. I have a feeling it's not ready for prime time so I saved my upgrade.

The weight and size were also a factor because of my job. I love the Incredible but wish the screen was a little bit bigger.

The Incredible 2 is right up my alley.

No slight on the TB. Dynamite phone.

OP
iOSfails

iOSfails

Reaction score
Yea, I'm not crazy about 4G anyway simply because it would just eat up the battery like I've heard numerous times now. Service isn't really a concern for me. VZW is doing great for me with just 3G. But the features, which phone has the most admirable features? And when can we expect to see the S in stores/online?

CsonkaBear

Reaction score
Yea, I'm not crazy about 4G anyway simply because it would just eat up the battery like I've heard numerous times now. Service isn't really a concern for me. VZW is doing great for me with just 3G. But the features, which phone has the most admirable features? And when can we expect to see the S in stores/online?

Features are almost identical.

Best est. I have have heard is April 28th.

Just Google "Incredible 2". Lots of rumors.

Last edited:

EgooEspada

Reaction score
If you want 4G, a larger screen and a larger developers community, get the Thunderbolt.

If you want better battery, compact form factor and slightly more updated software, get the Incredible 2.

In your situation, if the two were in front of me, I'd probably get the Incredible 2. Only thing that held me back was the lack of 4G and that there wouldn't be that big of a developer base compared to the Thunderbolt.

OP
iOSfails

iOSfails

Reaction score
Indeed they are, I think I will go for the S. It looks really nice and rugged and from what I've read it will have Gingerbread at release. However if VZW does what it did with the TB on the release date then I will probably just go for the TB.

Anyone know of an estimated price?

OP
iOSfails

iOSfails

Reaction score
Oh, well that's great! I've been saving up for the TB and I'm basically there. Either way, which ever one I get I won't have for very long. I'll end up using my mother's upgrade for HTC's dual core phone if they ever get one on VZW.

CsonkaBear

Reaction score
Proud owner of a Motorola DROID since Nov. 09

Happily doing an Incredible till the sequel.

52brandon

Reaction score
If you want 4G, a larger screen and a larger developers community, get the Thunderbolt.

If you want better battery, compact form factor and slightly more updated software, get the Incredible 2.

In your situation, if the two were in front of me, I'd probably get the Incredible 2. Only thing that held me back was the lack of 4G and that there wouldn't be that big of a developer base compared to the Thunderbolt.
that put me over the edge. When they let the kernel source out, I bought my thunderbolt the next day