Thunderbolt vs. Incredible 2

thanksman7

Reaction score
Hey I was looking for some help. I have researched both the TB and the Inc2 heavily and am 100% convinced that I am going to get one of them. My sister has a TB, and we should be getting 4g here around June. I am trying to decide which of the two is better for me, and can't decide. Basically, I should be using a good bit of data, so 4g would be nice but I can still make do with 3g. I text as well, so I like something that fits nicely in my hand. Also, I think the 4" screen size is perfect. Also battery life is HUGE for me, and I like something that can fit easily into your pocket. One better thing for the Inc2 is that its cheaper, however I hear that if you buy a TB now and start paying the data plan now, when LTE gets to my area I will be "grandfathered" into it and will have an unlimited 4g data plan. So basically,
For me:
4" > 4.3"
4g > 3g
Battery life is very important

Is the TB or Inc2 better for me?

Thanks in advance.

Barkleyfan

Reaction score
Whatever you get, is it worth ETF? 3G is slow. Lags a bit on video and music streaming. I wouldn't purchase a 3G device now. And battery life is similar if you turn 4G off. Dinc2 is cheaper. Also lighter, and a tiny bit smaller. But you can't "add 4G later" if you change your mind. You can buy an extended battery for the Bolt, and I pocket mine every day while working 12 hour shifts. While it's not as great as I expected, I'd still do the Bolt again over anything else available today.

EgooEspada

Reaction score
I would get the Incredible 2. 4G is kinda unstable at the moment and so is the Thunderbolt. The Incredible 2 is a great device with goof battery and much more compact. If you can live without 4G then the Inc2 is a good choice. You can always sell in a year and then get a LTE phone. By then they should work much better. :)

Sent from my ADR6400L

Reaction score
When I have it set to 3G only my TBolt lasts all day long without charging so unless you can't charge your phone while sleeping the battery life should be a wash. Now, when I do need 4G it's awesome! I'm in Atlanta with great 4G coverage and I love it. Youtube videos play as quickly as if I was on my cable modem at home and songs and programs download incredibly fast. I would definitely go with the TBolt unless the size is a deal breaker.

rickieb

Reaction score
I had the original Incredible and absolutely loved it. The only reason I got the Thunderbolt was for the larger screen and 4G. I love it just as much but hate the battery life. 4G is great when it's working but I know VZW is in a transition period right now so we'll just have to be patient. Nothing good happens flawlessly or it would have happened earlier! I'm finally getting an extended battery. I'm getting the 2750 but I think Seidio is coming out with a 3500 soon. I don't know if they will have a case for it but their site looks like they might. If the 2750 gives me a full day I guess I will be happy.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

MAPSTER5500

Reaction score
I've had the D1, incredible, D2, DX and my all time favorite is the Thunderbolt I'm in atlanta dvds the 4G is fantastic with the extended 2505 battery I'm good all day on 4G

My Thunderbolt

OP
T

thanksman7

Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses guys. I am going to the Verizon store sometime soon to play on an Inc2 and see if I like the form factor. If the form factor is nice, then I will probably end up getting that since after playing on my sister's TB with only 3g, I have determined that I am okay with the speeds. Also, the size and battery are better for me with that. I will also probably end up using the idea from one of the responders and selling in about a year once 4g phones are more stable and there is better 4g coverage around my area. Once again, thanks. dancedroid :icon_ peace:

kevinjmoore

Reaction score
Cases for extended battery for Incredible 2 and Thunderbolt

There is a seller on eBay (moretalktime) who sells custom TPU cases for a lot of phones including the thunderbolt and droid incredible 2 with the extended battery.

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
To many look at my signature.
Coming from thunderbolt sold it with in 3 days i would say droid incredible 2. I had the incredible 1 didnt like it because of the GB update.