14 day return policy question

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Anyway my contract is up so if they don't refund it, I'll just head over to ATT and grab the atrix. Kind of sad I've been with VZW for 15 years! Oh well it's VZW's fault for advertising this return policy as "worry free". It is and has been anything but........

And you going to walk to a sub-par network over how much $?

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Aside from audio level and battery issues, I haven't heard too many global complaints....oh, and maybe the power button.

Still waiting and deciding.......I do like HTC sense though.

I have no problems with my power button it is even easier to press when in the silicone case.

Also if you don't like Sense just install a different launcher. I am currently back to My favorite, ADW.

Droidguru

Reaction score
Anyway my contract is up so if they don't refund it, I'll just head over to ATT and grab the atrix. Kind of sad I've been with VZW for 15 years! Oh well it's VZW's fault for advertising this return policy as "worry free". It is and has been anything but........

And you going to walk to a sub-par network over how much $?

That subpar network you speak of is about to the largest in the US! Something tells me you have never lost money you earned.....

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Like most, I am contemplating upgrading my OG to the TB.

I know that Verizon has a 14 day return policy, but how does that work exactly.

Here is my more detailed question:

I am currently using my OG with a $30/mo unlimited Data plan. If I upgrade to a TB and switch to the 4g $30/mo data plan and then decide the phone is not for me, would I get my money back on the phone and be switched back to my older 3g plan without any extra cost?

14 day phone return is great but I don't want to be stuck on a 4g plan if my OG won't work with it...

Come to think about it, if the OG does work with the 4g plan, this might be a good way to get grandfathered in.... :)

I know that Verizon has a 14 day return policy, but how does that work exactly.
You purchase a phone and sign a new one or two year agreement. If you decide the phone isn't for you within those 14 days, you can return the phone and pay a $35 restocking fee. If the phone is defective, you can retuurn the phone for a exchange at no additional cost to you.

Here is my more detailed question:

I am currently using my OG with a $30/mo unlimited Data plan. If I upgrade to a TB and switch to the 4g $30/mo data plan and then decide the phone is not for me, would I get my money back on the phone and be switched back to my older 3g plan without any extra cost?
No you will have to pay a $35 restocking fee, but you will be refunded your money back for the phone and if your current contract wasn't over, it will be reinstated.

14 day phone return is great but I don't want to be stuck on a 4g plan if my OG won't work with it...
Don't worry the system will switch it back to 3G automatically, not that it will hurt anything. If anything you should want them to keep your data plan labeled as 4G because when they do implement data tier pricing, you will be grandfathered in at the $30 4G, but that isn't going to happen if you don't have a 4G capable phone.

Come to think about it, if the OG does work with the 4g plan, this might be a good way to get grandfathered in....
Yes, now you're thinking about what's best for yourself. But as I mentioned up above, your OG will work on Verizon's network, no matter what Verizon decides to label your data plan. Your OG just won't be able to pick up the 4G signal. So if you want to be grandfathered in, you might want to consider keeping the TB or looking into the Samsung Charge 4G/LTE phone that is probably going to hit store shelves the first week of April. If nothing else, keep yourself current with what Verizon is up to so that you can switch to a 4G phone should they decide to go ahead with the data tier pricing sooner than expected.