can't text pictures

titans1

Reaction score
I assume you've done star228
If so the only other option you have is the default in the phone. I bet a hard boot doesn't do it. Sounds like phone programming is screwed

sent from my refrigerator I'm hungry

OP
B

bandini

Reaction score
yeah, I have this nagging suspicion that the hard reset won't do anything & then I'll have gone through the hassle for nothing. especially since I have NEVER been able to text pics with this phone, so it's hard to believe going back to the factory settings will change anything.

of course until I actually do it, I can't rule it out for certain, so it's looking like that's my next step.

grrr...

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If that doesn't work then go to Verizon and ask for a new phone.

OP
B

bandini

Reaction score
update... did the factory reset, the texting/pic problem is fixed. thanks for the help, guys.

Last edited:

Italiantblman20

Reaction score
You have to make sure the camera is set to the six megapixal setting not the eight megapixal setting because text messages can only send pictures that are 6 or less megapixals. The guy at the verizon store told me that when I bought my phone.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

BodyBagz

Reaction score
You have to make sure the camera is set to the six megapixal setting not the eight megapixal setting because text messages can only send pictures that are 6 or less megapixals. The guy at the verizon store told me that when I bought my phone.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

The Verizon guy lied to you...

I have sent tons of pics through MMS that were taken using the 8mp setting...as well as panoramic...the DX automatically resizes the pictures so that they are able to be sent..

What the X wont allow you to send, is HD recorded video...the filesizes are too large for MMS, so you have to drop back down to either VGA or lower...

Also, had you looked at the last post before you posted, you would have seen where the OP had already fixed his issue with a battery pull...

OP
B

bandini

Reaction score
Just to add to this: you actually can send HD video if it's short enough. It pretty much can't be more than like 20 seconds long or something, but it is possible.

Also, had you looked at the last post before you posted, you would have seen where the OP had already fixed his issue with a battery pull...

Just to clarify: it was actually the factory reset that did it.:)

thanks all-

big erick

Reaction score
sometimes I get an that same error when "downloading" an mms message as well as sending one. if I just keep trying after about 4 to 6 trys it downloads or uploads! very weird. It might have something to do with the signal also. I've noticed If I'm home it shows the error, but if I'm somewhere else it works...

big erick

Reaction score
I also just noticed if you hold your finger down on the download button it worked. I'm not rooted on a stock droid x using handcent but it give the same error on the factory messaging app by the way.

OP
B

bandini

Reaction score
Well, I thought this one had a happy ending, but looks like I spoke too soon. The factory reset worked fixed the issue for awhile, but now I'm back to not being able to send pics or videos through text.

Interestingly, the "support ticket" I had opened with Verizon was completely useless. I never heard back from anyone about that.

I can't figure out why a phone would work correctly for awhile & then suddenly stop being able to text pictures. I've added no apps, changed nothing on the phone. Really frustrating considering what a basic feature this is. Thinking seriously of ditching the DroidX, much as I love other aspects of it... but this one is kind of a deal-breaker...

If anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears.