Can't receive Pics in text

t4k

Reaction score
Hi all...I have a new Droid X, I rooted it and installed Titanium Backup Pro. I have many apps frozen. However, I can send texts, receive texts but I can't get Picture texts. They don't even come through to me, 2 different people are telling they are trying to send them but I am not getting anything. What could this be? Do I need to defrost something? Or is this a Verizon issue? Do I need to have 3G on to download the pics? And does it need to be on to get the notification that I have a picture text in the first place? On my old Android, I needed 3G on to download the picture but not to get the text that showed their was a picture waiting to be downloaded. Please help! Also, the person I just texted who is trying to send pictures is saying that when I text them, they aren't receiving their normal notification alert. I would say that maybe something is wrong with their phone then, however, another person in a different state is also saying the same thing.

Last edited:

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Did you freeze the stock messaging app?

Sent from somewhere...

OP
T

t4k

Reaction score
Here is what I froze

TTS Service
Swype
Social Status
Social Sharing
Social networking
Soical Messaging
Skype Mobile
SIM Toolkit
MotoLocate
Help Center
Contacts Unconnected
3 G mobile hotspot

and others like amazon, blockbuster, madden football

Do any of those ring a bell for stock messaging?...I don't see anything actually named that.

OP
T

t4k

Reaction score
In fact here is the whole list of what I froze ...do any of these frozen apps make it impossible to get picture texts? Which ones should I defrost?

3G Mobile Hotspot 2.2
Backup Assistant 2.2
Backup Assistant Client 1.0
Blockbuster 1.0.79 (updated)
City ID 1.0.30
Desk Home 2.2
DLNA 0709.69
DlnaSystemService 1.0
Email 2.2
Emergency Alert 1.0.0
Files 2.2
Global Unplug 1.0
Help Center 2.2
Home Screen tips 2.2
MediaShare 1.0.0
MS Exchange Service 2.2
News 2.2
News and Weather 1.3.01
Quickoffice 3.3.67 - Motorola
SIM Contacts 2.2
Skype Mobile 1.0.0.20
Social Messaging 2.2
Social Messaging Service 2.2
Social Networking 2.2
Social Sharing 2.2
Social Status 2.2
Sync Service 1.5.7
Talk 1.3
Voice Commands
Voicemail 1.1
VPN Client 1.0
VPN Services 2.2
VZ Navigator VZ_Navigator_6.1.0.160
Weather 2.2
Work Contacts 2.2
Yahoo Contacts 2.2

Strothmann

Reaction score
I have all that **** frozen too. every thing works. but if you freeze the stock messaging app MMS fail to receive.

OP
T

t4k

Reaction score
so dumb question...can you tell the exact name of the stock messaging app? and I just had two people try to text me a picture again and one person's is working and I am not getting the other one at all...perhaps maybe something is wrong with that person's phone and mine phone is fine? Still trying to figure out what the problem could be.