Can't start recovery

bfederspill

Reaction score
I have a problem. I used z4root to root my D2G and bootstrap. When I was checking out some roms I installed "Liberty" for gingerbread not thinking there would be a problem. Installing the rom went through but when it rebooted the "M" logo never came up only the siloetted (sp?) black fist on a yellow circle (Liberity?). It won't go any farther. I can reboot with the up arrow to the bootloader (don't know if that helps) but when i reboot with the "W" key I only get the triangle with the green droid next to it like it wasn't rooted. Anyone know if I'm un-rooted or how I can get into recovery to undo this mess???

Thanks for ANY help.

Last edited:

Droid2Helper

Reaction score
Try booting into recovery by plugging in your charger when your phone is off then let it get to the battery screen then turn it off then it should boot back in to recovery. If that doesn't work try to SBF it back to stock.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
B

bfederspill

Reaction score
As soon as I turn it on that yellow and black icon comes on immediatily. I never used SBF?

Droid2Helper

Reaction score
Don't turn it on just plug it in to the wall charger and let it do it by it self.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Droid2Helper

Reaction score
If you have not used SBF If you have Windows you can use RSD Lite which is what the Verizon employees use. I can give you a link for all the sbf and things.

RSD Lite : http://www.mediafire.com/?ufxs9lft9q2xwnu
SBF File : http://hotfile.com/dl/118083187/d6254ed/VRZ_A956_2.4.33_1FF_01.rar.html
Moto Drivers: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7632904/USB_Drivers_bit_4.7.1.zip

Then put your phone in PC mode by when it boots up hold the up arrow and plug it in to your pc for it to recognize it. You might have to wait a minute for it to show up

Last edited:
OP
B

bfederspill

Reaction score
Same thing, as soon as I plug it in the yellow and black icon comes up. How do i SBF? (This was alot easier on my D1)

Droid2Helper

Reaction score
Use the links i just posted to download everything and also when you plug it in use PC mode.

OP
B

bfederspill

Reaction score
Didn't notice if the file said D2G when I downloaded it?
Can't get RSD to reconize my D2G. I directed it to the VZN SBF file you linked me to and pushed the up arrow while plugging it in to my PC, waited 15-20 min. but the start button is still dim.
I'm kind of new at this program. I used "Easyroot" on my D1 and never had a problem with getting into recovery.
Got to get to work soon, may have to try it again later.
Any help with RSDlite would be great.

Last edited:
OP
B

bfederspill

Reaction score
Got it... Don't know how it happened but when I powered with the up arrow it said that the battery was low. I plugged it into the wall (again), played with the buttons while it powered up and presto, recovery came up. Wiped everything and restored running like rooted normal again. I still get that icon (black fist in a yellow circle) though when I restart???
Thanks again.

Last edited: