Unable to run CWM w/bootstrap

HiredN00bs

Reaction score
My wife decided to root her Droid 2 Global today (she has been having many problems since the OTA update), so she used a 1-click method and it said she rooted successfully. She asked for my help in loading a new ROM, so I got ROM Manager and flashed CWM for D2G. When I tried to backup the existing ROM, the phone simply rebooted instead of entering CWM.

I did some reading, and saw recommendations to use the Droid 2 Bootstrapper application. I ran the application, hit the bootstrap recovery button, and the reboot recovery button, and the phone rebooted and hangs at the Motorola logo.

skruid

Reaction score
Gonna have to sbf, I had to, I had the same problem almost to a t. Then I rerooted and I tried again, and it worked great

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
H

HiredN00bs

Reaction score
I read the sticky and that procedure involves a factory reset. I wanted to backup the current ROM before I did anything like that. The 1-click method she used said it could also be used to un-root it, so maybe I'll try that first.

ElectroGeek

Reaction score
Begin at the begining...

[*]sbf to stock

[*]update to .606/7

[*]root via D3 root

[*]boot into CWR via D2bootstrap

[*]wipe data/cache

[*]flash CM7

[*]flash gapps

[*]reboot.

This is the method used to get Cyanogen Mod 7 Gingerbread Kernel Leak onto your d2g.

To use cwm recovery DO NOT try to use the d2 bootstrap after the rooting process. After you get rooted, install rom manager and flash cwm recovery for droid x (2nd init.). Then you can use ROM Manager as usual. This is straight from the cm7gb for d2g users thread on rotzwiki...

sent from

Droid 2 Global running CM7GB

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
The global recovery in rom manager does not work right. Just use the d2 bootstrapper for non-2nd init roms. For a first rom I would suggest apex or liberty3 2.0. They are less glitchy and everything works for the most part.

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
Sorry, my ignorance is showing through. I thought it was a second init device...

sent from

Droid 2 Global running CM7GB

Cm7 is a 2nd init rom. I should have been clearer :) if you go with cm7 use d2 bootstrap initially to flash. But once on cm7 you have to use rom manager and chose the Droid x 2nd init recovery. I suggested other options due to the glitchy nature of 2nd init roms.
Best advice is to decide what your looking for and get all the info you can on it. Make sure you know what your getting into and how to get back if you don't like it.

soseono

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
so I got ROM Manager and flashed CWM for D2G. When I tried to backup the existing ROM, the phone simply rebooted instead of entering CWM.

Here's a working method I found working (source: My Trial and Error for getting CWR 5.0.2.0 working (And I did) - RootzWiki )

- D2 Bootstrapper -> Bootstrap Recovery (installs the older version of CWM)
- Rom Manager -> Flash the latest CWM (use "DX (2nd-init)") -> Reboot recovery

I had the same problem as yours, but this method worked for me. Hope this helps!