Help! Asap!

jtsrtr13

Reaction score
I just rooted my friend's D2G, and when I downloaded Liquid's 3.0 GB ROM I installed the ROM (through ROM manager, and yes I made a backup and wiped both caches). CWM recovery gave me a successful install message, but when the phone reboots it just shows the liquid bootscreen animation over and over. I turned the phone off and then tried to boot into CWM via the keypad, but it gave me the Android and exclamation mark. How can i get to CWM recovery to try a cache wipe to fix the bootloop?

skruid

Reaction score
Wipe from stock recovery, you can only boot into cwm through rom manager on the droid 2 global, if factory reset or wiping don't work try sbfing the phone back to stock

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
you can cache wipe from stock recovery
recovery has changed for gingerbread

When the phone is off hold the letter x and the power button at the same time for about 2 seconds after the red motorola M pops up.
When you see the green android and the triangle with the ! press both the up and down volume buttons at the same time and the recovery menu should come up.
Use the volume keys to navigate use the enter key(the one with the arrow above the ok key) to select things. You may also use the power button to select with.

you may get to clockwork
with phone off
press and hold camera button, plug in charger
phone may boot into CWR
works almost every time with mine but stuck in boot loop may be tricky

OP
J

jtsrtr13

Reaction score
First off, thanks for the quick responses! I'm glad you told me that stock recovery changed with GB....I certainly did not know that.

Second, I will be doing the repair a little later when my friend gets off work. Will either of you still be around the forums to help should I need it? After all....I'm used to dealing with a fully touch screen DInc2. Had to refresh myself on how to get to recovery on a phone with a keypad. :/

skruid

Reaction score
I will not be around, good luck, I got a family to take care, can't be on the forums all the time lol

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
J

jtsrtr13

Reaction score
Success! Wiping data and cache solved the problem. New ROM booted right up afterwards.