Can't return my DX back to stock after Rooting HELP!!

1barlog17

Reaction score
So I Rooted using the Z4 quick Root app on my DX. It worked great and this is my first time Rooting so I wanted to make sure I could return completely to stock without Verizon knowing anything before I tried putting any custom roms on my X. The only thing I did while I was rooted was I downloaded the X bootstrap recovery app and made a recovery backup and I downloaded clockwork recovery app but I did not do anything with it yet. After I unrooted and uninstalled all my Rooted apps I shut my phone off and when it restarts it goes to the clockwork recovery menu and I have to use my camera button to choose restart/reboot option before my phone will restart. How do I get rid of that screen so it just reboots like stock? Do I have to do a factory reset, or can I just delete all clockwork files from my phone in astro file manager? PLEASE HELP!! I want to go further with rooting my X but not untill I know how to return back to stock without a trace.

maderschramm

Reaction score
So I Rooted using the Z4 quick Root app on my DX. It worked great and this is my first time Rooting so I wanted to make sure I could return completely to stock without Verizon knowing anything before I tried putting any custom roms on my X. The only thing I did while I was rooted was I downloaded the X bootstrap recovery app and made a recovery backup and I downloaded clockwork recovery app but I did not do anything with it yet. After I unrooted and uninstalled all my Rooted apps I shut my phone off and when it restarts it goes to the clockwork recovery menu and I have to use my camera button to choose restart/reboot option before my phone will restart. How do I get rid of that screen so it just reboots like stock? Do I have to do a factory reset, or can I just delete all clockwork files from my phone in astro file manager? PLEASE HELP!! I want to go further with rooting my X but not untill I know how to return back to stock without a trace.

Reinstall the newest version of Koush's app
here

reboot, it should go to clockwork recovery. reboot system now from the menu. it will then boot back to normal system, THEN uninstall boostrapper

The reason this is happening is because the boostrapper never deleted the thing that tells the phone to boot into clockworkmod recovery. By rebooting out of the recovery it will delete it then you can uninstall it.

If that doesn't work check my sig for a tutorial on doing a .sbf flash. That will fix it for sure.

OP
1barlog17

1barlog17

Reaction score
Im not sure im following you do I need to be rooted when I do this? I am unrooted right now and I reinstalled the x bootloader recovery I powered down my phone restarted it went to the clockwork recovery screen I selected reboot/ restart my phone powers up then I uninstalled the x recovery app and powered my phone back down but when I turn it back on it still goes to the clockwork recovery screen. Should I uninstall the app while I'm rooted or maybe delete all clockwork files on my phone? Thank you so much for helping me out this is driving me crazy.